E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

E350 Transmission fault?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2024, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 CDI
E350 Transmission fault?

Hi everyone,

My first post here, name is Mitch – based in the UK.

Recently gone through many things with my 2009 E350 V6 Diesel to get it running right including having oil cooler seals done, swirl flap motor, EGR, full service and a transmission service.
An issue when I first got the car is a hard shift between 1 and 2 that is intermittent and not throwing any codes.

This doesn't happen all the time and improves If I am heavier with my foot on the accelerator in pulling away... otherwise the revs can climb to 3k and there is a delayed shift that is harsh when I am trying to just drive the car sensibly. There are no issues with any other shift and when I reset the adaptations, this improves the problem for the day I reset it but then goes back to old habits.

From what I am reading, I could be looking at a valve body/conductor plate issue but with a lack of codes and the fault not being so bad, Im wondering If I just leave it to develop before spending money.

Any experienced thoughts on these or posts I have overlooked on this forum?