E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Finally have factory bluetooth audio streaming!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2024, 06:49 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
C207 550
Finally have factory bluetooth audio streaming!

I was actually looking for the menu to display battery voltage on the cluster and I found instructions on how to get into the engineering menu instead.
From there you can enable bluetooth audio.

I used to have to use the dongle connected in the glove box.
When that broke I moved to a FM transmitter.
and now I feel like I've finally been welcomed to the 21st century lol.

To access menu:
Turn key in ignition to first position
Have the speed showing in cluster.
Have command display on.
Using the buttons below the Command display, hold the "hang up" button + "#" + "1" simultaneously.
The menu should pop up.
Find the Bluetooth settings and set Bluetooth audio to "ON".
Old 07-03-2024, 01:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 206 Likes on 143 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
LOL! What year is your vehicle? How long have you owned it? Imagine owning the car for years and complaining to the dealer about it and they said "you can't have it" then it only takes a few button clicks and PRESTO!

Now if only we can add android auto maybe there is a another button we can secretly press to enable it.
The following users liked this post:
RealDonn (07-03-2024)
Old 07-03-2024, 06:48 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
C207 550
Originally Posted by shotgun_banjo
LOL! What year is your vehicle? How long have you owned it? Imagine owning the car for years and complaining to the dealer about it and they said "you can't have it" then it only takes a few button clicks and PRESTO!

Now if only we can add android auto maybe there is a another button we can secretly press to enable it.
LOL.
The car is a 2010 coupe and I've had it for 5+ years!

While it now works and it's nice to be able to skip tracks and see titles on the car display...
I find the bluetooth doesn't connect very well to the phone for audio...
When the car starts up, the bluetooth pairs to my phone pretty seemlessly, but for calls only.
I need to go to to audio, select bluetooth audio and then try to connect to my phone for music...
and even then it sits there and seems to take forever to see and connect to my phone, or I have to update previous devices list, wait for my phone to pop up and then try and reconnect.
Is it really this cumbersome of a process for everyone else too?

what am I doing wrong?!
Old 07-06-2024, 01:52 PM

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts
2010 E550 Coupe
I also have a 2010 (manufactured in Feb 2010, so a fairly late 2010). When I bought it last year, I tried the same steps that you outlined above, and I was not able to successfully connect to Bluetooth audio. The phone interface works great, but the audio portion just simply wouldn't work properly even after enabling Bluetooth audio. Same connection issue you had.

I believe you can technically perform an update to the COMAND NTG4.0 system such that Bluetooth audio will function properly, but the STAR system and update disc are required (it might also require another programming system, but I forget since this was almost a year ago when I looked into it). Unless you're lucky enough to find someone who knows how to do all that, it's a dealer-only service. And even then, it's hit and miss and it will be expensive. I called around to local mechanic shops, and even though they use STAR for diagnostics, updating the COMAND system was too far out of their wheelhouse.

After a bunch of research and dead ends, I just ended up going with a Bluetooth adapter with MMI interface. It works well. Unfortunately it doesn't display the tracks as I hoped it would, but you can change tracks with the steering wheel controls and the scroll wheel on the center console (which is what I really wanted). I configured my phone to connect to the car for calls, and to the Bluetooth device for audio. Everything functions as intended (except for the aforementioned track display).

After trying two adapters, here's the adapter I went with since track changes were faster than the other one I tried:
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by nkx1; 07-06-2024 at 01:56 PM.