E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

A207 - Aircap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2024, 05:11 PM

Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts
2012 E Cabrio, 2015 GL x 2 & 2024 GLS
A207 - Aircap

Hello all,

I had my windshield replaced recently and the wind deflector at the top of the windshield now no longer sits flush. It has never worked since I bought it a year ago, but it looked fine, so I didn't bother.

The lights on the button in the center console do not work, so I assumed it was related to a fuse. However, I can't work out which fuse it should be. Any suggestions? It's (almost) the only thing that doesn't work. Windscreen wash pump is also dead, not sure it's related...

I'm prepared to buy a new (used) unit to replace the deflector if I have to, but I need to know that the electronics actually work.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Old 08-25-2024, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 228 Likes on 155 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
Originally Posted by AKSwift
Hello all,

I had my windshield replaced recently and the wind deflector at the top of the windshield now no longer sits flush. It has never worked since I bought it a year ago, but it looked fine, so I didn't bother.

The lights on the button in the center console do not work, so I assumed it was related to a fuse. However, I can't work out which fuse it should be. Any suggestions? It's (almost) the only thing that doesn't work. Windscreen wash pump is also dead, not sure it's related...

I'm prepared to buy a new (used) unit to replace the deflector if I have to, but I need to know that the electronics actually work.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
The deflector's spring must be busted. The sunroof opens and closes okay right? If I were you do not open that sunroof until you are ready to service that part then cleab and lubricate the rails. For the centre console if the radio and outher stuff is working then the LEDs must be busted and a straight swap can be done. The windshield wash pump you should tackle as you do not want to not have a fully working windshield cleaning system when winter hits.
Old 08-26-2024, 01:10 PM

Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts
2012 E Cabrio, 2015 GL x 2 & 2024 GLS
Originally Posted by shotgun_banjo
The deflector's spring must be busted. The sunroof opens and closes okay right? If I were you do not open that sunroof until you are ready to service that part then cleab and lubricate the rails. For the centre console if the radio and outher stuff is working then the LEDs must be busted and a straight swap can be done. The windshield wash pump you should tackle as you do not want to not have a fully working windshield cleaning system when winter hits.
Hi - sorry, busy weekend,

I am talking about the convertible and the deflector at the top of the windshield, not the coupe and the deflector that pops up when you open the sunroof.