E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Basic speakers upgrade for C207 coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2024, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Basic speakers upgrade for C207 coupe

Hi,

I recently picked up a used 2015 Merc e400 4matic coupe.
After buying, I realized that the front left door speakers are kaput and not working.
I tried to find only a replacement for those, but I was not able to find one.

Now, I am thinking that I can take this opportunity to upgrade some (or all) speakers to upgrade the audio.
But I don't want to spend a lot right now.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what route I can take?
I am good with my hands and prefer plug-and-play speakers that I can fit myself so that I can save money on installation.

Really appreciate any help I can get from others.
Old Yesterday, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 232 Likes on 159 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
Originally Posted by napsterX
Hi,

I recently picked up a used 2015 Merc e400 4matic coupe.
After buying, I realized that the front left door speakers are kaput and not working.
I tried to find only a replacement for those, but I was not able to find one.

Now, I am thinking that I can take this opportunity to upgrade some (or all) speakers to upgrade the audio.
But I don't want to spend a lot right now.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what route I can take?
I am good with my hands and prefer plug-and-play speakers that I can fit myself so that I can save money on installation.

Really appreciate any help I can get from others.
Just replace it with a speaker from a wrecker. do you have the harman kardon system? Even the base speakers of the e-class if good enough, with Harman it is awesome. No need to upgrade the speakers if you will just play through bluetooth audio as the quality of sound wont be as good if you go CD, DVD or FLAC.
Old Yesterday, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by shotgun_banjo
Just replace it with a speaker from a wrecker. do you have the harman kardon system? Even the base speakers of the e-class if good enough, with Harman it is awesome. No need to upgrade the speakers if you will just play through bluetooth audio as the quality of sound wont be as good if you go CD, DVD or FLAC.
Thanks, shotgun. Appreciate the response.

I wanted to do the same as I do have the Harmon ones, but I really couldn't find a wrecker.
Is there any special platform or place I should look for?
Old Yesterday, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 232 Likes on 159 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
Originally Posted by napsterX
Thanks, shotgun. Appreciate the response.

I wanted to do the same as I do have the Harmon ones, but I really couldn't find a wrecker.
Is there any special platform or place I should look for?
try googling this german wrecker here in Canada "ace german used parts ltd" they specialize on german vehicles only and since Vancouver is a hot spot for MBs 100% sure they have what you looking for. I go there for my non-critical parts and never have failed. Owner's name is Shane and he is a straight shooter person with a attitude but when he finds out you are a MB geek he softens a little. They ship across Canada and I believe in the US as well. Here is a tip.....try to look for the price of a new one then 40% of the price is your starting price. Just make sure to ask for shipping cost. If the shipped price is almost the same as dealer cost then go source your part with the dealer but if it is not available anymore then you are on his mercy. You need your VIN number before you call him as he need it to look up your car to see if what he has will work on your ride.
Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by shotgun_banjo
try googling this german wrecker here in Canada "ace german used parts ltd" they specialize on german vehicles only and since Vancouver is a hot spot for MBs 100% sure they have what you looking for. I go there for my non-critical parts and never have failed. Owner's name is Shane and he is a straight shooter person with a attitude but when he finds out you are a MB geek he softens a little. They ship across Canada and I believe in the US as well. Here is a tip.....try to look for the price of a new one then 40% of the price is your starting price. Just make sure to ask for shipping cost. If the shipped price is almost the same as dealer cost then go source your part with the dealer but if it is not available anymore then you are on his mercy. You need your VIN number before you call him as he need it to look up your car to see if what he has will work on your ride.
Thanks a lot, shotgun, for your help and the tips. This is extremely helpful. I will try this and see how it works.