E-Class Coupe (C238) & Cabrio (A238) 2017 - E200, E220, E300, E350, E400, E450 [Coupes &Cabriolets]

Building A238 4Matic: Help requested.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 SL320
Building A238 4Matic: Help requested.

I am in the process of building and ordering an E450, 4Matic, Cabriolet. We spent several hours at our local dealer this week, but are still a little confused with some of the options and selections. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

1) Since our car will be a 4Matic, my dealership says the Air Body Control option is a necessity. He contends that without this option, my car will sit too low to drive in very inclement weather. Any comments on this?
2) Exterior Lighting Package: Any thoughts on the value and usefulness of this option?
3) Multi-contour seats, w/ massage: does anyone know if these are the standard seats with massage added, or are they totally different seats? My dealer does not have any of these seats on his lot.
4) One-Pay lease: Basicaly make one payment, instead of monthly payments, then have option to return car or buy at set price. Total payments are about $2,990 higher than buying outright for cash, and I would have option of returning car at end of lease. The one payment is about 50% of the total price. Anyone familiar with this arrangement? They are really pushing this program.

I also am considering European Delivering, and wonder if anyone has any comments on this program. I have seen the other thread on this topic, and the person posting seems very happy with his experience.

As I said earlier, any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.
Gary
Old 09-30-2018, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 286 Posts
EQ
1) You would know your location and conditions in Winter better than me. Do you find that you are in situations where if you could raise the car a bit at very low speed it would be helpful? If not I wouldn't worry about it.
2) I have had the lighting package on all of my Mercedes-Benz cars. Even the weaker benefit in North America I find to be beneficial. Auto raising/incremental high beams are wonderful on dim roads.
3) I'm not sure. I have the massage seats, first car with them and specifically wanted them, they are great.
4) You need to weigh the cost savings benefit of a one-pay vs. the risk if the car is wrecked and deemed a total loss. I'll quote a member from the leasehackr site

"Say the car has a selling price of $40,000, a residual of $25,000, and a one-pay lease of $15,000. The car is totaled 2 months into the lease and insurance pays the market value of $36,000. You get the difference between the market value and residual ($11,000), which means you’ve paid $4,000 to drive the car for 2 months."
The following users liked this post:
g1gary (09-30-2018)
Old 09-30-2018, 12:51 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
'13 S5 Coupe
3) I do not believe the 'standard' seats are multi-contour … there is more to these seats than simple adding the 'massage' feature
g1gary (09-30-2018)
Old 09-30-2018, 08:43 PM

Received 305 Likes on 231 Posts
E450 wagon, C43 AMG Cpe, C43 AMG Cab
Originally Posted by g1gary
I am in the process of building and ordering an E450, 4Matic, Cabriolet. We spent several hours at our local dealer this week, but are still a little confused with some of the options and selections. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

1) Since our car will be a 4Matic, my dealership says the Air Body Control option is a necessity. He contends that without this option, my car will sit too low to drive in very inclement weather. Any comments on this?
2) Exterior Lighting Package: Any thoughts on the value and usefulness of this option?
3) Multi-contour seats, w/ massage: does anyone know if these are the standard seats with massage added, or are they totally different seats? My dealer does not have any of these seats on his lot.
4) One-Pay lease: Basicaly make one payment, instead of monthly payments, then have option to return car or buy at set price. Total payments are about $2,990 higher than buying outright for cash, and I would have option of returning car at end of lease. The one payment is about 50% of the total price. Anyone familiar with this arrangement? They are really pushing this program.

I also am considering European Delivering, and wonder if anyone has any comments on this program. I have seen the other thread on this topic, and the person posting seems very happy with his experience.

As I said earlier, any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.
Gary
1) Air Body Control is not necessary for a 4 Matic car. The amount of adjustment is minimal at best. The car will ride/handle better with air control especially with the run flat tires.
2) I would highly recommend the optional exterior lighting package. There is a noticeable difference in night driving. I consider this option a safety feature.
3) The massage option comes with multi contour seats. I have multi contour seats in my E400 without massage.
4) I presently have a pre-paid lease on my C300 coupe. MBFinancial offered a substantial discount on leftover MY 17 inventory. The deal was too good to pass up. One poster mentioned the risk of loss due to a total loss of the vehicle. I always place gap insurance on my leased vehicles to avoid this issue. It is available with my regular auto policy at a very reasonable cost.
5) Can't help you with European delivery. I have never done that but many on this forum have.

Good luck with your build. Let us know how about your final configuration.
g1gary (09-30-2018)
Old 12-22-2018, 05:27 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 GL450, 2014 E350 Sedan, 2019 E450 Cabriolet, 2008 R350, 2023 E450:AWD
We have a 2019 E450 Cabriolet scheduled for a April 5 European Delivery. I think it will be a really exciting experience....