E-Class Coupe (C238) & Cabrio (A238) 2017 - E200, E220, E300, E350, E400, E450 [Coupes &Cabriolets]

Locking doors while car running

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 12:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK500
Locking doors while car running

Hi I haven’t seen this in the forum but it’s starting to get cold In NY and I would like to know if there is any way I can lock my car door while it’s running if I’m just running in and out of a store. I leave it running now but it’s always in the back of my head someone take something or steal my car I would cry I’ve had the car 3 weeks and so far have done chrome delete muffler delete 35% windshield tint new 19in rims red push to start button cover I think next will be Weistec tune spark plugs intake and H&at lowering springs in the front posted a picture of the car open to any input
Old 10-26-2018, 11:57 PM

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 Mercedes-Benz E400 Coupe
Originally Posted by Bi66s
Hi I haven’t seen this in the forum but it’s starting to get cold In NY and I would like to know if there is any way I can lock my car door while it’s running if I’m just running in and out of a store. I leave it running now but it’s always in the back of my head someone take something or steal my car I would cry I’ve had the car 3 weeks and so far have done chrome delete muffler delete 35% windshield tint new 19in rims red push to start button cover I think next will be Weistec tune spark plugs intake and H&at lowering springs in the front posted a picture of the car open to any input
The only way I know of doing this easily is to turn off the car, step out of the car, lock the car, and then remote-start the engine with the Mercedes Me app. The car will run locked for up to 10 minutes. If you need a longer time, you could still restart it from the app. I believe you need to have about 1/4 of your tank full for the car to remote-start.

Other people have had success with more complicated procedures which involve taking off the metal key and leaving the rest of the key inside the car, while closing the window from the outside. In case you are not deterred by all the steps, here's that method:

1. Turn car on using keyless go button.
2. Leave the key case (without the metal key) in the car.
3. Open the window (driver side)
4. Get out and make sure I have the metal key on me . Then close door.
5. Press the lock button on the inside of driver door while standing outside (pretty easy to reach)
6. Close the driver door window by pulling on the power window button. As it is automatic, the window will start closing.
7. Pull my hand out before the window crushed my hand (have enough time to do so)
8. Check that the door is locked while car running.

Of course in this case, you will then have to use the metal key to open the car and that involves removing the back cover of the door handle, which hides the emergency key hole, as shown in the picture.
The following users liked this post:
LesterS (07-10-2021)