Notices
E-Class Coupe (C238) & Cabrio (A238) 2017 - E200, E220, E300, E350, E400, E450 [Coupes &Cabriolets]

How long was your Priority 1 car in VPC?

Old 01-05-2019, 09:19 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
E450 Coupe
How long was your Priority 1 car in VPC?

My carrier should dock next week in Long Beach. Just wondering how long others have waited for their P1 to clear VPC. Iím guessing it varies with carrier offload volume, but maybe averages three to five days?

I expect my dealer whoís right there in Long Beach will quickly get a good handle on it. But itís always interesting to hear what other MB buyers have experienced.

The ship left Bremerhaven Dec. 12, anchored of Jacksonville just before Christmas, offloaded at Brunswick, is due to stop at Lazaro Cardenas, Mexico, Jan. 6, then travel on to Long Beach.

(Iím posting this question in both the sedan and coupe forums because itís not style-specific, and the sedan forum in more active.)
Old 02-05-2019, 10:53 AM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
2019 E53 Coupe
For me it was 5 days from the day the ship arrived in Baltimore to when the car was through the VPC and loaded on a truck. I received the car 2 days later.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:23 PM

E450 Coupe
Originally Posted by BenzC400 View Post
For me it was 5 days from the day the ship arrived in Baltimore to when the car was through the VPC and loaded on a truck. I received the car 2 days later.
Thanks, Benz. As it turned out, my car sat in the Long Beach VPC six days waiting for a truck to deliver it to the dealer four miles away. I picked it up the morning after the dealer got it. Worked out fine because while the car was in the VPC, we were experiencing torrential rains in Southern California.

I drove it home in sunshine a couple weeks ago, and have been smiling ever since.

One odd development: The car arrived exactly as ordered except in a different exterior color. Dealer has no idea who changed the color, where, or why. Maybe Sindelfingen. Luckily, I love the color (Iridium Silver Metallic), possibly even more than what I'd ordered (Selenite Gray Metallic).
Old 02-05-2019, 12:55 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
2019 E53 Coupe
I think you'll be happy with the Iridium Silver. That was my choice for the E53 Coupe.

Old 02-05-2019, 01:44 PM

E450 Coupe
Originally Posted by BenzC400 View Post
I think you'll be happy with the Iridium Silver. That was my choice for the E53 Coupe.

I could not agree more. Looks great.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:52 AM

Received 65 Likes on 63 Posts
MY19 E450 4MATIC Coupť
I'm a big fan of silver.

Congrats lensjack on getting your car.
The following users liked this post:
lensjack (02-06-2019)