MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class Coupe (C238) & Cabrio (A238) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-coupe-c238-cabrio-a238-248/)
-   -   Thoughts on AMG Line vs Night package w/ AMG Line? (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-coupe-c238-cabrio-a238/732458-thoughts-amg-line-vs-night-package-w-amg-line.html)

aea6574 01-09-2019 07:38 PM

Thoughts on AMG Line vs Night package w/ AMG Line?

Good Day All-

I hope you are well.

Anyone have any thoughts on the AMG Line vs the Night Package w/ AMG Line? Does not seem to be much of a difference other than the larger wheels? would the larger wheels give it a rougher ride? Any other thoughts?

Best regards, Tony

menchaman 01-09-2019 09:16 PM

Hi Tony,

Night package will blackout all the chrome and switch the mirror housing from car color to black. Some find it sportier but I don't. I went with AMG line only.

As for the wheel/rim size, if you get the air suspension, it's unlikely to make much difference. I don't know how it will feel with standard suspension.

Ultimately, you'll get a great car anyway and these are small details that you shouldn't worry much about.

BenzC400 01-09-2019 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by menchaman (Post 7650275)
Hi Tony,

Night package will blackout all the chrome and switch the mirror housing from car color to black. Some find it sportier but I don't. I went with AMG line only.

As for the wheel/rim size, if you get the air suspension, it's unlikely to make much difference. I don't know how it will feel with standard suspension.

Ultimately, you'll get a great car anyway and these are small details that you shouldn't worry much about.

The E53 Coupe in the US comes with black mirrors even if the night package isn’t ordered. I was surprised to see the black mirrors on my iridium silver E53 without the night package. I like the look though.

sackboydad 01-09-2019 10:30 PM

I have it on my E450 Cab. I really like it, especially on the tires.

Thrre is is a discussion about whether the night package is what gets you the black button background on the steering wheel (others are silver). Don’t know if we ever found out what gets the black on the steering wheel or not

2012 merc amg 01-09-2019 11:01 PM

I really like the look of the AMG line on this E450. The stance of the lowered suspension is really nice and with the wider rear tires the car almost customized. I bought my car in stock so was not given the choice of the night package, but I don't think I would have gone with it, with my diamond white the chrome just really makes the car pop.

FedM 01-10-2019 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by sackboydad (Post 7650340)
I have it on my E450 Cab. I really like it, especially on the tires.

Thrre is is a discussion about whether the night package is what gets you the black button background on the steering wheel (others are silver). Don’t know if we ever found out what gets the black on the steering wheel or not

I gave you the idea when it comes with black or silver buttons
That doesnt depend on the night package at all
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-c...ml#post7638195

aea6574 01-10-2019 05:47 AM

Thanks, did not know that one would have black mirrors and one would not, seems when I build it online they both show black mirrors, but I have learned the online thing is not always right. We are looking at white car so would like white mirrors, think I will stick without the night package. Plus I think the 18' wheels would be better, I am leaning away from ABC as the other thread says maintenance could get pricey and we are keeping this car for many years and the ride might be a little stiffer.

Thanks again.

Best regards, Tony

stephos 01-10-2019 05:55 AM

Yep, it all comes down to personal preference. I opted for the night package, and AMG line is standard on the coupe in England.

aea6574 01-10-2019 08:28 AM

Ok, thinking crazy now. Since I would like to get the warmth and comfort package, maybe I just do not get the AMG package? I mean the car looks great to me either way?

Thoughts?

This is a fun process to go through

menchaman 01-10-2019 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by aea6574 (Post 7650522)
Ok, thinking crazy now. Since I would like to get the warmth and comfort package, maybe I just do not get the AMG package? I mean the car looks great to me either way?

Thoughts?

This is a fun process to go through

I ordered my E400 coupe last February and I have both AMG line (exterior) and warmth& comfort package.

I think the AMG seats are not compatible with warmth& comfort package (I don't have these).

AMG line and AMG seats are not inclusive of each other. You can get one without the other.

aea6574 01-12-2019 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by menchaman (Post 7651217)
I ordered my E400 coupe last February and I have both AMG line (exterior) and warmth& comfort package.

I think the AMG seats are not compatible with warmth& comfort package (I don't have these).

AMG line and AMG seats are not inclusive of each other. You can get one without the other.

Yeah, something was going on, we could not get the designo Black/Titanium Grey Pearl Nappa leather with the warmth and comfort package but could get the designo Macchiato Beige/Titian Red Nappa leather with it, so we have decided to go this way. which allowed us to get the AMG line as well.

I think it is all going to be great. Now I need to start searching around here for how to do maintenance on the vehicle. Does not seem to be a lot in this forum but I see things in other forums so will do some searching.

Thanks all.

Best regards, Tony