E-Class Coupe (C238) & Cabrio (A238) 2017 - E200, E220, E300, E350, E400, E450 [Coupes &Cabriolets]

Android Auto Issues with E300Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E300 coupe
Android Auto Issues with E300Coupe

Hi,

I need help on Android Auto on E300Coupe. There is a weird problem I'm facing and I had tried all methods.

My android auto works when I'm not under the sun. The moment I drove out of a sheltered carpark, MB no longer recognises my phone on the MB Android Auto screen. Moreover, It works great at night.

Does anyone encounter this issue?
Old 09-05-2019, 05:27 AM

2019 E300 coupe
Me too! Intermittent android auto c238

It took me an eternity to figure out what parameters where causing the intermittent function of android auto. Some days it would work flawlessly, others, dead as a dodo. Then I realised it was the weather/time of day. Android auto worked at night and on cloudy days or when driving down tree lined roads but never in sun light.
Now the solution will sound very odd. If you put your headlight selector switch (the rotary one not the main beam stalk) into side lights instead of auto, Android auto will work perfectly during the daylight hours. I have no idea why this works or if it works for anyone else but it does for me.
Hope this helps.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:39 AM

E300 coupe
Originally Posted by Luke Johnson
It took me an eternity to figure out what parameters where causing the intermittent function of android auto. Some days it would work flawlessly, others, dead as a dodo. Then I realised it was the weather/time of day. Android auto worked at night and on cloudy days or when driving down tree lined roads but never in sun light.
Now the solution will sound very odd. If you put your headlight selector switch (the rotary one not the main beam stalk) into side lights instead of auto, Android auto will work perfectly during the daylight hours. I have no idea why this works or if it works for anyone else but it does for me.
Hope this helps.
I thought I'm the only one having this problem.
Yes, that's what my workshop told me: to turn the light switch to the side lights so that I can use it on normal daylight.

It also means there is a bug on the Audio20?

My workshop engineer told me that the USB connector connects to the Audio system. The audio system disconnect the USB connection when there is light shine onto the car sensor. The engineer also checked that all the software is the latest version.
It doesn't matter if I use Android Auto or Apple Carplay.

Let me know if there is any solution coming from your workshop if possible.

Thanks
Old 09-06-2019, 09:02 AM

2019 E300 coupe
Seems very strange, and definitely a bug of some kind.
I'm a bit disappointed Mercedes's only solution was to do the same thing I've done. Did they mention ways of reporting it or escalating the issue? Also if you dont mind me asking, when did you take your car in to have it checked out?
It does make me wonder how many parts have been changed and diagnostics run, chasing this fault? We're surely not the only 2 people that this has affected.
I have the first service due soon, so I'll inform them of the problem at the same time and let you know if there is a solution to this.
Old 09-07-2019, 09:59 AM

E300 coupe
My dealer had the car shipped in from UK and I didn't get it from the authorised dealer since they charge much more.
I got the car in late July and had it take it to the non-MB main workshop for them to check in Aug after I discovered the problem was related to the USB port rather than the Android Auto.
My workshop manager told me to bring in the car for longer period to do more troubleshooting but since I need to use the car on daily commute, I can only bring it in late October when I off for my vacation.

That's why I sign up this forum just to check on this issue. Other than that, the car is great except for the map since the car was imported from UK and I'm staying in Singapore. To add the Singapore map will set me back almost SGD1.5k.
I can still use the google/Waze map via my phone.

On the other hand, I thought the IOS is much better than AA since it can stretch full screen unlike AA. Sigh.

Do let me know what is the finding.

Thanks pal.