E-Class Coupe (C238) & Cabrio (A238) 2017 - E200, E220, E300, E350, E400, E450 [Coupes &Cabriolets]

Climate system in 2019 E450 Cab

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 09:20 PM

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
2019 E450 Cabriolet, 2020 GLS450
Climate system in 2019 E450 Cab

So I’ve had my car for a little over a year. I’ve never sat in the back seat.

Today, it got chilly enough to turn the temperature up a bit. My back seat passenger complained it was cold. Sure enough, cold air was blasting through the two air vents in the back. In the front, the automatic control was on and it decided to just blow the heat out of the floor vents. For the LIFE of me I cannot figure out how the back is having cold air and the front has warm air.

I have a fully optioned car, except for the warmth & comfort package (I have heated/cooled seats and heated steering shell, so the only thing I’m missing is the heated arm rests).

When in doubt, RTFM.... so I tear open the manual. First, it talks about rear climate settings in the rear panel. There is no rear panel and there was no option to buy 3-Zone climate control on this model car. Second, it points several times, to the multimedia system and all the things you can set there, like Climate Style (focuses, medium or diffused) and SYNC and Residual Heat mode. I have none of these. The only two items that show up are Fragrance and ionization. Nothing else. The dealer has assured me I’m at the latest version of COMAND as it was just brought up (minor release) when I had my A check last month. Besides, the manual has this stuff being available and the manual was published August 2018.

any ideas?
Old 10-05-2019, 11:27 PM

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
2019 AMG E53 Cabriolet
Following. No idea whether this is an issue in my E53 cab, but following nevertheless. I live in the south (where it is still 90+ degrees in October) and don’t expect to have too many people riding in the back, so don’t know that it would be a big issue or not?
Old 10-05-2019, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 666 Likes on 522 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
I have noticed on mine that it is pretty well blank when you push the menu button for climate control which I found strange. With my Wagon there is the extra zone for the back and it comes up on the screen and the back temp and fan can be regulated. Just looked on my car back seat and there are no buttons around the two vents in the rear although it looks like the vents could be closed off. Maybe the only way is to close them off and blow more warm air up front, I'd also try every setting up front such as upper vents only, etc.
Old 10-06-2019, 11:17 AM

2019 AMG E53 Cabriolet
Push the recycle button then see if it works. I just tried it and the back seat vents warmed up when I pressed it.

Old 10-06-2019, 11:25 AM

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
2019 E450 Cabriolet, 2020 GLS450
I'll try it but if that's the case.... yikes.

I noticed a draft in the front last night. They messed with my ragtop this week to oil and grease stuff so it would stop squeaking.... of course, feeling a draft, I immediately wondered if there was air coming from that. It was the back vents. I do not remember that last winter. It was always quite comfortable.

Also, I noticed I had to set the car to 82 degrees to feel any warmth. Seems odd...

Originally Posted by usc96
Push the recycle button then see if it works. I just tried it and the back seat vents warmed up when I pressed it.
Old 10-06-2019, 11:37 AM

2019 AMG E53 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by sackboydad
I'll try it but if that's the case.... yikes.

I noticed a draft in the front last night. They messed with my ragtop this week to oil and grease stuff so it would stop squeaking.... of course, feeling a draft, I immediately wondered if there was air coming from that. It was the back vents. I do not remember that last winter. It was always quite comfortable.

Also, I noticed I had to set the car to 82 degrees to feel any warmth. Seems odd...
On a positive note, must be nice to live somewhere with 4 seasons. It finally dropped into the 80s here. 😬