E-Class Coupe (C238) & Cabrio (A238) 2017 - E200, E220, E300, E350, E400, E450 [Coupes &Cabriolets]

I want to ship my E class to UAE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2022, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C400
I want to ship my E class to UAE

Hello,
I’m moving from Canada to UAE soon and want to ship my E class coupe there.
I was wondering if there will be any problems for the car as I know they are built a little differently here.
Would the AC would cope with the weather over there.

Thank You
Old 06-10-2023, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 e400 4matic cabriole
Originally Posted by Hadithi
Hello,
I was wondering if there will be any problems for the car as I know they are built a little differently here.

Thank You
Hi, I am writing if possible to learn about your transportation experience because I am planning to ship my 2018 E400 cabriolet from Canada to Europe. I am particularly concerned with disconnecting the battery before the shipment and than reconnecting at the destination. How did you handle this, are there any steps I should take during this process to avoid any problem afterwords? Any insight is highly appreciated. Kind regards
Old 07-25-2023, 04:33 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2020 E 350; 2022 E450 Coupe; 2005 Porsche Cayenne; 1975 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.0
Having lived there for nearly a year a few things come to mind.

I don’t have much experience with transporting cars except for the fact some companies make you drain the fuel tank.

As for driving in the Emirates. . . (disclaimer the following information is based on when I lived there in 2003)

1) No one had leather seats, too hot in the sun. Every car I saw even high-end Porsches had fabric seats..
2) Driving a dirty car, will get you a ticket from the local, law-enforcement officers, but don’t worry they have mobile car washing stations at every mall
3) Gas was cheap
4) Back then they used a lot of photo law enforcement.
5) Oh and by the way, don’t break the law. When I was there, a Canadian medic was visiting a Canadian soldier who was in the hospital. The medic was pulled over at two in the morning, because he swerved a little bit on the freeway. He was not drunk or under any influence, just tired, but the local law-enforcement thought he was under the influence and pulled him over. He got a ticket and a trial. They found him guilty and his sentence was six months in jail (despite not being drunk.) After three months of the Canadian government pleading on his behalf to commute the sentence the Emirati‘s said OK, but as part of the punishment they ended up whipping him with a leather strap. I saw the wounds three weeks later they were horrendous. Other than that the Emirati‘s are nice people, just don’t run afoul of the law.

Maybe sometime I’ll tell you about the al-Qaeda operative they arrested for terrorism. Oh hell here is the short version.

Monday : Arrested
Tuesday: Trial
Wednesday: Executed
Old 07-25-2023, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 448 Likes on 357 Posts
2015 CLS 550 2015 ML 400 Previous 2020 GLB 250 2019 A 220 2005 ML 350 1989 300 E 2001 SL 500
Originally Posted by Hadithi
Hello,

Thank You
Mercedes does hot weather testing in AZ and Death Valley CA. The AC system is more than capable.