E-Class Coupe (C238) & Cabrio (A238) 2017 - E200, E220, E300, E350, E400, E450 [Coupes &Cabriolets]

Front left malfunction service required, horn & steering buttons also don’t work.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2022, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E400 Coupe 2018
Front left malfunction service required, horn & steering buttons also don’t work.

I have E400 coupe 2018 and I facelifted it to new one including the headlights & programmed it, 3 days later this appears & steering buttons & horn are not working. I don’t think it has to do anything with the headlights programming but what may the issue be?

Old 04-23-2023, 05:52 PM

2015 Mercedes Benz CLA
Front left malfunction service Required

Did you ever figure out what caused the issue, and have it fixed? And if yes how did you go about it. I have the same issue with mine.
Old 04-23-2023, 06:00 PM

Mercedes E400 Coupe 2018
Originally Posted by Bngalaboy
Did you ever figure out what caused the issue, and have it fixed? And if yes how did you go about it. I have the same issue with mine.
Yes, I have resolved the issue. Option A: check the fuse box next to the steering wheel between the screen and the door, remove the decor and check if all wires are connected good (Unlikely to be resolved), option B: Change the clock-spring of the steering wheel (Likely to be resolved) and the part number for my specific car's clock-spring is A2139008010, I got it used from Ebay and I will attach the link to some guy selling it (Not sure if it works, you have to make sure that it does work before buying used one) or just get a new one, but may be too expensive. Make sure to find the exact part number of your car's clock-spring. Mercedes Benz E300 Steering Wheel Column Combination Switch Black 17 A2139008010 | eBay . Good Luck!
Old 12-08-2023, 04:04 AM

E250CDI
Hi Maanbuksh,

I know it has been a while since you solved this issue, but I just need some advice from you if that is okay, I am about to purchase a E250 CDI 2012 which has the same error logged on it ( Front Left Malfunction consult workshop ) Car is being sold via a dealer as trade without any warranty and to be fait it is priced accordingly - he says it something to do with a sensor under the driver seat, from what you know and your experience what do you thing, or what could be the possible cause, and should I walk away or carry on with the risk and purchase, the car is very tidy and done over 100k with part history, I am thinking if it is like up to £800 repair then it is worth it and I take the risk, but if not and it is more, I walk away??

Any feedback from you would have grabber value to me and I thank you in andante
Old 12-08-2023, 04:05 AM

E250CDI
Hi Bngalaboy,

I know it has been a while since you solved this issue, and had a brief conversation with another member regarding this but I just need some advice from you if that is okay, I am about to purchase a E250 CDI 2012 which has the same error logged on it ( Front Left Malfunction consult workshop ) Car is being sold via a dealer as trade without any warranty and to be fait it is priced accordingly - he says it something to do with a sensor under the driver seat, from what you know and your experience what do you thing, or what could be the possible cause, and should I walk away or carry on with the risk and purchase, the car is very tidy and done over 100k with part history, I am thinking if it is like up to £800 repair then it is worth it and I take the risk, but if not and it is more, I walk away??

Any feedback from you would have grabber value to me and I thank you in andante
nmashi is online now Report Post