E-Class Coupe (C238) & Cabrio (A238) 2017 - E200, E220, E300, E350, E400, E450 [Coupes &Cabriolets]

A238 MBUX Map Update Outside Home Region

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2024, 11:40 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2005 SL500
A238 MBUX Map Update Outside Home Region

My 23 E53 AMG has been getting home region map updates without a problem, but for a vehicle that's ideal for long road trips, it's a shame that it's not more obvious how to update maps for a range of regions.

I've seen posts in other forums, but before messing with this complex system, I decided that my local dealer should be able to tell me. Service department failed - their lead said everything gets updated over the air and Sales department "technical expert" said he'd been told by MB themselves that it could only be done by changing home location to update each region.

Therefore I went searching with the plan to follow a method that was documented by MB and only connected to MB sites. Of course I know where the option is now (see below), but a search for map update on the mbusa.com and Mercedes Me portal didn't take me anywhere useful.

I found this link on the UK website and followed the instructions:

https://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/pass...date-maps-mbux

That took me to the link below:

https://www.me.mercedes-benz.com/pas...ap-update.html

The only point of note is that Macs see the download manager package as out of date, so you have to override that via Privacy & Security. I'll explain how if necessary.

Also you need to format your USB stick to exFat, not an Apple config.

Once you've got additional regions loaded on your USB stick (select by clicking on a map in the Download Manager), switch on the car, insert the USB stick and it will be recognized and installed.