E-Class Coupe (C238) & Cabrio (A238) 2017 - E200, E220, E300, E350, E400, E450 [Coupes &Cabriolets]

Keyless Go re-enable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2024, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe
Keyless Go re-enable

So Last week after the traditional car wash I put the car in the garage for the next four days as I do every week. I detail my car in the garage so sometimes I disable my Keyless Go when working near my door handles for obvious reasons. This is the 2nd time that this has happened. I unlock the car which should re-enable the Keyless Go but it doesnt. Everything works, Radio, lights ETC. but the car cannot detect the key when I go to start it. The first time it happened I called my insurance company and they were sure it was not the battery. But he wire brushed one of the post, He put the connection back on and everything worked fine. That was last year. It happened again last week. This time I had Mercedes come out to my garage and take a look and they were about to leave and get some kind of device and I told the to disconnect the battery cable and connect it again and you heard the Keyless Go click and the car started right up. As of right now the car is working fine. I have not disabled the Keyless Go. Is it that I have a bad module? Has anyone else had this happen?