E-Class Coupe (C238) & Cabrio (A238) 2017 - E200, E220, E300, E350, E400, E450 [Coupes &Cabriolets]

Front passenger seat will not fold forward

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2024, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe
Front passenger seat will not fold forward

Hello again

So last week I went to put something in the back seat of my car and when I pulled the handle it felt a lot easier to pull and the seat did not flip forward. After doing a comparison with the driver side I noticed that a cable had come loose. So I contacted Lancaster Mercedes to explain what happened. First they quoted me 200 dollars to "inspect and make a diagnosis" so I contacted them yesterday to reveal in detail because 200 bucks for a diagnosis is BS. So the assistant service manager said he talked to the foreman and he said 659 dollars I asked for what? he replied because he has to take the entire seat out. So i went to my car and crawled in the back seat and there is a panel that is held in place by clips. I was able to see the entire assembly. Completely pissed I took pictures and sent them to him. They were actually trying to charge me almost 700 dollars and I have had 3 Mercedes under their care and thus far they have been quite reasonable. Here is the kicker: I can actually fix it myself now that I know where everything is. Has anyone else had this happen in their vehicle

This is the handle

This is the drivers side you can see the cable

This is the back of the seat that comes off without any tools