E-Class (W114/W115) 1968-1976: All Models

Correct forum for 280CE? Want to sell.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
280 CE
Correct forum for 280CE? Want to sell.

Sorry, not very up on Mercedes, but I gather the 280CE is a W114 type, so I hope I'm on target here.

Sitting in my garage (in Victoria, BC) is a 1977 Mercedes 280CE. It's been sitting there, with occasional excursions as far as the driveway, for the last four years. It belonged to my son, who is now living in Germany and not likely to be back anytime soon. So, time to sell.

I've posted photos at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2497672...7635039664469/
to show as much detail as I can, but there are somethings that don't come across in photos. The muffler is ... not muffling, all I can say. The turn signals don't lock on, there's some rust around the rear wheel arch as you'll see in one of the pics, but the main body of rust was in the front fenders, which have been replaced. Door seals are petrified and don't do a great job of sealing anymore. Front seat covers are threadbare, rear covers are pretty much like new. No rust in footwells or trunk, and the underseal appears to be intact - getting a camera to focus with near-zero clearance limits what I could achieve without ramps or pit.

It starts just fine, and runs well, and is in good mechanical condition. It was maintained by the local Mercedes dealership until around five years ago.

Price? Negotiable. I think he paid around $1,400 for it, but it might be worth that just to free up the space.

If you'd like to know more or know someone who might be interested, respond to this and I'll get right back to you.

Robert Smith
Old 12-07-2013, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Your car is W123 btw...wrong forum.

GLWS !