E-Class (W123) 1976-1986: 240D, 280E, 300D, 300TD, 300CD

HELP: Stolen W123 300D Long

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP: Stolen W123 300D Long

I need your help. This morning March 24 2007 my 1980 300D Long was stolen from my garage in Hermosa Beach. It is the factory mini-limo. The car is silver with 16" BBS wheels. Gray interior. Licensce Number 4LSK213.

The factory mini-limo has 2 jump seats. From the side, the rear doors are longer than a sedan; there are quarter windows (similar to a coupe) behind the rear door. From the rear easy to spot the rear headrests. From the front, it has european lights and wipers. Brillant Silver paint.

The car should be easy to spot!!! I really do not know where else to post, but please try to get the word out. I can be reached at 310 989 8986
Old 03-25-2007, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
Originally Posted by c11111
I need your help. This morning March 24 2007 my 1980 300D Long was stolen from my garage in Hermosa Beach. It is the factory mini-limo. The car is silver with 16" BBS wheels. Gray interior. Licensce Number 4LSK213.

The factory mini-limo has 2 jump seats. From the side, the rear doors are longer than a sedan; there are quarter windows (similar to a coupe) behind the rear door. From the rear easy to spot the rear headrests. From the front, it has european lights and wipers. Brillant Silver paint.

The car should be easy to spot!!! I really do not know where else to post, but please try to get the word out. I can be reached at 310 989 8986
rare car, hope it turns up... good luck man
Old 03-26-2007, 01:10 PM

Great news. My car was recovered by Hermosa Beach PD. They took a “suspect” in custody, who has “bailed-out”. (I wanted to know who it was, and ask where my things were dumped. They told me I would not have been able to talk to the “suspect” anyway until we meet in court).

There will be no other information available until I talk to the Detectives some time this week. Car is intact except for rear bumper damage and curbed right wheels. They emptied the glove box and the front door pockets. They took personal items from inside the car and the trunk.

Although Hermosa Beach PD earlier assured me that they “will recover the car”, I was skeptical they could or at the best recover a “stripped” vehicle. The Police said the car will be easy to spot, since the body was unique.

I will wait a few days before driving it again to make sure the car is “off” the stolen vehicle list. If they catch anyone driving stolen vehicle- guns are automatically drawn and pointed at whoever is driving!

Thank you everyone. What a weekend experience it was. The forums allowed me to at least vent….
Old 03-26-2007, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Youngtimer
it seemed inappropriate to ask while the car was still missing, but do you have any pics??
Old 03-28-2007, 03:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very Slow Mercedes
That is great

Your car is very unique you are lucky, I had a LWB many years ago when I worked at PCH & Torrance BLvd in Redondo Beach, I was just starting my restoration and was using my memories of seeing your car as a starting point, I tried to ask you a few questions about your car but caught you not in the best of moods.After looking closer at your car I decided I could not make mine better and sold it I ended up building a making a W114 coupe into a convertible, after seeing your car again 3 years ago I bought a 76 280 LWB w114 right hand drive and had it very similiar to yours but was again not nice enough sold it....Just cannot get any better that your car...That is the benchmark for w114/w123 LWB cars glad they found it, it has to be the only one in the south bay...My first one went to Canada, my last one went to australia.....
Old 03-28-2007, 12:09 PM

oops, sorry about that. it was probably in one of the supermarket lots- I hate having to go grocery- otherwise I love to talk about cars, I admit I am not too fastidious in keeping my cars clean but when I restore I am obssesive compulsive. we should meet up. I have a lot of interesting Mercedes stuff. I will make up for the "bad mood".

got a 6.9 and 600 too. have a "special" euro W126 with SEC nose 100%perfect body and interior, needs engine work- have an almost new 24 valve engine (under 5K) waiting to go in

Last edited by c11111; 03-28-2007 at 12:16 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 03-28-2007, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Youngtimer
post pictures of all of them asap!
Old 03-30-2007, 02:42 AM

E320 W210
Originally Posted by c11111
Great news. My car was recovered by Hermosa Beach PD. They took a “suspect” in custody, who has “bailed-out”. (I wanted to know who it was, and ask where my things were dumped. They told me I would not have been able to talk to the “suspect” anyway until we meet in court).

There will be no other information available until I talk to the Detectives some time this week. Car is intact except for rear bumper damage and curbed right wheels. They emptied the glove box and the front door pockets. They took personal items from inside the car and the trunk.

Although Hermosa Beach PD earlier assured me that they “will recover the car”, I was skeptical they could or at the best recover a “stripped” vehicle. The Police said the car will be easy to spot, since the body was unique.

I will wait a few days before driving it again to make sure the car is “off” the stolen vehicle list. If they catch anyone driving stolen vehicle- guns are automatically drawn and pointed at whoever is driving!

Thank you everyone. What a weekend experience it was. The forums allowed me to at least vent….
Im glad you got your car back, i dont knwo if you are allowed to/want to reply to my question...but may I ask how they exactly stole it??? DId they have keys, or what. How hard is your particular Mercedes to steal.

Besides all my questions, Im glad you got your car and the "suspect" is gonna see you in court.

GOod Luck!!!
Old 04-07-2007, 03:00 PM

I left the door open (a bad habit, no one steals W123) and they found a bunch of keys in the glove compartment (from my other cars) and they managed to use one of them (not the correct key) my key cylinder was damaged but they were able to turn it on
Old 04-10-2007, 10:12 PM

E320 W210
thnx for the reply

hope u have ur day in court and get what u deserve and they get what they deserve