E-Class (W123) 1976-1986: 240D, 280E, 300D, 300TD, 300CD

update on noise in front of 300d

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 05:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
update on noise in front of 300d

hello. i posted a problem i think sometime october 2009 about a noise that was getting loud as the hit 30 kph or something. well as it turns out. it went back to the shop. a different shop. so to chronicle the events...... my tranmission got ruined in august 2009, took it to the shop got it sometime late september then complained tot he mechanic that a clicking sound in front came out whenever we drove the car and came out startinf 30 kph onwards. well we kept wasting gas and money and time wioth that mechanic eventually it we decided to take it to another mechanic. turns out the transmission was poorly repaired and that my transmission was not matched for my car. so he had to do it all over again (PAYING ALL OVER AGAIN...) and as for the clicking sound , well he thought it was this torque converter turns out it was not and he repaired the valve body. he lent his shop transmission and viola no clicking sound. he then attached my transmission, for like a week (mind you guys , i got my car like a few weeks ago) no clicking sound. then it came back, only softer ..... he could not explain it but gave me a 6 month warranty.
so far , the car is okay except for additional problems like retreading the attachments for the tire on the right rear and the aliognmnet of my pulleys and fan belts (which was a problem since may 2009 and was just recently figured out by bringing down the pulleys , etc. all over again).

i was unable to drive my car since it was totally in the shop since august 2009. that was really sad along with the cost. i felt like an atm machine everytime. funny the sound is still there. i had her filters and oil changed in june then used it for june and july and no more.... she is back so far i hope she will be okay for now.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Banned

1984 300D,82 Volvo Diesel
On another Forum a comment was posted "If you drive an old Mercedes you are either rich or a Mechanic".
Speaking of Forums you might take a look at this one that I am a member of where I use the name Diesel911:

http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/forumdisplay.php?f=15
Old 01-09-2010, 01:26 AM

hi

hi. okay i will check the link out. thanks very much.
oh well, i have been in love with the 300d ever since i was like 5 years old. i was given the chance to own one last 2007. i guess the upkeep really comes with the territory. i will slug it out with her. she is actually a daily driver until all that happened. now she seems okay again , she is back on the road daily...