E-Class (W123) 1976-1986: 240D, 280E, 300D, 300TD, 300CD

I want dirty photos of...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want dirty photos of...

... Your engine bay, you perv!

Just picked up a project 300TD and acceleration is sluggish.

Traced it down to the banjo bolt that feeds the ALDA/over boost protection circuit.

That's when I realized, someone had bypassed the overboost protection circuit... Which depending on who you ask, may or may not void the warranty. With over 300k miles, I think I'm in the clear.

If there's anyone kind enough to highlight some photos indicating what should be plugged into where, there are 754 Internet points waiting to be awarded to you! Well, that and my gratitude.

I'm waiting on a manual to show up, so I was wondering if the great citizens of this forum would be willing to help me out in the meantime. I've taken a look at some of the photos out there, but they don't seem to specify origin/destination.

I've got a 1985, and it may or may not be a Cali model... That level of research I've not done.

For what it's worth, I'm troubleshooting a sluggish start/performance under 3000 rpm. Valve adjustment is next once I locate some appropriate wrenches, and possibly some new injectors. Trying to avoid a compression test as I don't want to face the results if they're bad!

Cheers,

Matt
Old 03-16-2012, 10:13 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1985 300DT
The overboost system is installed for a reason, to save your engine from destruction if the wastegate or its hose fails. Fix it right.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1983 300D-turbo "Bonnie"
What is the ALDA?? I was told to look at mine, and see if it needed adjusted, or if the lines to it were clogged. I too have slow acceleration. Would like to improve it.