E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Seat protection: Seat cover...cushion...opinions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 03:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool Seat protection: Seat cover...cushion...opinions?

My seats are beginning to wear out on my 94 E320. I've been searching the net for some decent protection. I'm going to have the windows tinted 35% all around so that will help a bit.

I haven't been able to find a seat cover tho. Thing is, I want it to match the interior if I'm going to spend $150+ for leather seat covers (cream/tan interior). The other option is to get one of those support/massage cushion things. Any advice with either? Thanks!

For views...
Old 03-14-2005, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Maybe buy a used (but good) OE seat leather from a junker...like Potomac German Auto to name one place. Maybe $50 to have it installed professionally afetr that.

I personally am not a fan of covering up nice leather seats...even if worn.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1991 300E
try some Leatherique

Just a suggestion, I have never personally used this product but every one I've talked to raves about it. It's expensive but supposedly will bring back any kind of leather seats to near show room condition. This is what all the concours guys use to protect those $10,000 Connelly hides they put on Rolls. check it out

http://www.leatherique.com/index.htm

Last edited by mhorn; 03-15-2005 at 07:59 AM.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I use Leatherique actually....it does a good job of restoring softness and deep cleaning but won't help if the leather is worn or cracked. Their products are nice but they won't give you back a 'showroom' finish. In fact, it takes a LONG time and many, many applications to restore softness and clean. Most people give up and mother-f their claims.

Usually the stiching goes thin too ....the leather on my drivers seat is OK but the stiching is all worn away in the usual places.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
90 300e and B5 S4
My drivers seat upper part was worn and had a hole in the bolster. I purchased a new upper seat part from ebay that was the same color as mine and it worked out great. Installing the new seat is a pain because of all the wires and motors. Get someone to help you out.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by overboostTSI
My drivers seat upper part was worn and had a hole in the bolster. I purchased a new upper seat part from ebay that was the same color as mine and it worked out great. Installing the new seat is a pain because of all the wires and motors. Get someone to help you out.
Shouldn't be a problem. My brother was an assistant shop foreman at a MBZ stealership for a couple years. He has his own shop now. He called the ol' stealer to see if they could do anything, but even at cost, it's over my budget. So how much wold a used seat in very good condition go for?