E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Will start a carbon fiber hood project for my 300e any ideas?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lots of cars
Well I was quoted for the carbon fiber at $45 for 52" wide and 58" long. The resin should be another $50 and I still need to paint my car. I was thinking to lay the carbon fiber and apply the resin and when i get my car painted put a clear on top so i can color sand it and that should be it? but then again i never done this so that was the point of my original post. Oh and about sunday it can be in the morning or afternoon im pretty sure you guys don't work all day on sundays or do you?
Old 04-28-2005, 04:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W124
Am I reading this right?
You're going to add fake bits to your car to make it look 'sporty'

This is what you'll end up with.....

Old 04-28-2005, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lots of cars
That is some funny shhh ! anyways yes your are reading it wrong lol! Im going to add real carbon fiber but my cars color is a black pearl so it will not look like a ricer because most ricers are white with a black hood. Also yes the front bumper im making is not like that hellls no! After paint you will not notice it that much but it won't look like a stock 300e bumper.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YNVDIZW124
People think im crazy for all the mods im going to do on my benz and no im not going to buy a bunch of parts and call it custom. Im really into the exterior and interior of my benz and I just kept my engine stock for now. I want to overlay carbon fiber on my stock hood because i can't really afford an all carbon fiber one and I haven't seen no one really sell one that is cheap. I have a lot of ideas for my benz and most are under $100 because I really don't have money to spend having 3 babies and a wife! It's hard to spend money when you have a wife, a 13 month old boy, a mercedes, and a 1969 mustang (LOL had it since i was 14). Anyone with tips on how to do this or hookups where to get carbon fiber then post here! I have a secrets on how to make your own custom bumper for only $100 or more depends how tricked out you want it but only if you live in So. Cal. because I will keep my secrets only with fellow 300e owners in cali so whe can stand out from the whole country!
Just a point I thought I'd make. I was noticing your request for hrlp and tought...what the hey, I'll tell him what I know...,But then i noticed the part about..."I'm gonna keep it secret"!
So I guess I will too.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lots of cars
Well it's not really a secret because im going to go to the meet and show they guys the project "UNDER CONSTRUCTION"! I was going to go with the carbon fiber hood but too much work to make my car look fugly!