E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Soooo Sad And Sooo Mad!!! My Car Is Totaled!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lots of cars
I got it running today!!!!! Soon as they cut the check im going shopping!!!! HIDs and RAMMIL I will have to get a truck to get that hood! Also Im getting my car painted! Know I know why i pay a little extra for insurace because in case shyt happens their there! I need my benz back because the stang can't be on the streets so much! It's too expensive wasting $10 a day for gas!!! I just want to get this over with and fix my benz!!
Old 07-21-2005, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 AMG C63s
amg gen 1 bumper cover anyone? lol
Old 07-21-2005, 02:41 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W124's
I should get yours eric and paint/fix it myself and use it as a temp until I find a GenII.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:08 AM

88 260 E
Actually I can comment on the DC , MD thint cuzz my fiance is a DC.
Eric, you're almost right but they do actually take pharm courses.

I've stayed up many a night helping my girl study..So I take it you're already
ART certified Eric? I was actually in night classes pursuing MRI tech but had to put it on hold while this job thing pans out..When everything gets settled I plan on finishing.

~Cali
Old 07-21-2005, 04:49 AM
MTI
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'85 190E 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
Try helping a girlfriend through med school, I think you'll find that it's a lot harder and I bet even your finace would agree.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
Originally Posted by CaliE320
Actually I can comment on the DC , MD thint cuzz my fiance is a DC.
Eric, you're almost right but they do actually take pharm courses.

I've stayed up many a night helping my girl study..So I take it you're already
ART certified Eric? I was actually in night classes pursuing MRI tech but had to put it on hold while this job thing pans out..When everything gets settled I plan on finishing.

~Cali
1) what school are you attending?
2) today is my last day of clinicals (1,000 hours worth of free god dam work)
3) how much school do you have left?
4) i will be eligable to take the amrit exam next month
5) aart will be allowing students who went to an accredited college to take the exam next year. this year they are doing it with ultrasound. it funny cause the aart needs members desparately.
6) i am planning on buying 2 mobile GE 1.5T's next year
Old 07-21-2005, 08:13 PM

88 260 E
Eric,

You are by far way ahead of me. Because my fiance is a Dc we thought that it'd be a good idea to keep the money in the family so to speak and I would go back to school for rad/MRI. That way when we open a DC practice in the future for her, I could take the pics myself instead of sending her patients elsewhere.When I dropped out I was barely finishing my
generals to get accepted into the rad program. I was going to PCC their rad program is accredited.

So Eric what did you find the most difficult? I was having the hardest time remembering all the medical terms....

Congradulations on finishing Bro...

~Cali
Old 07-21-2005, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
Originally Posted by CaliE320
Eric,

You are by far way ahead of me. Because my fiance is a Dc we thought that it'd be a good idea to keep the money in the family so to speak and I would go back to school for rad/MRI. That way when we open a DC practice in the future for her, I could take the pics myself instead of sending her patients elsewhere.When I dropped out I was barely finishing my
generals to get accepted into the rad program. I was going to PCC their rad program is accredited.

So Eric what did you find the most difficult? I was having the hardest time remembering all the medical terms....

Congradulations on finishing Bro...

~Cali
first off she should get a limited xray licsense asap. that way she can shoot the pics. she will have all the knowledge and just have to take a test to get it.

personally i wouldnt waste my time with a rad/mr program. they have nothing to do with each other. its a complete waste of time to get a rad licsense and then add the mr. i would just go to a school in L.A. that offers MRI only and is accredited. Next year the aart is inviting non-aart members that are mri certified from accredited colleges. basically what i am saying is you could hook up with the school in beverly hills or the one i went to in gardena (which i loath btw) and be scanning inside of 18mos if you have 0 previous training.

the hardest part was having a really ****ty teacher teaching anatomy and phisiology in 10 weeks. he by far is the worst teacher i have had in all my years of schooling. i have 2 4-year degrees and 1 2 year degree and now this mri cert. from ACMT. so i have had a lot of teachers in my day. this guy taught word for word from the book. we had to know worthless things like dna structure, the way antigens bind, which antigens were which, the microscopic level of the kidneys and how they function. i was super irritated and that teacher is the reason i wont reccomend that school to people.

anyhow today was my last day and i am free to take the amrit exam. its another registry just for mri. it competes against aart and it is the sole reason aart is allowing people like myself to take the exam next year.

if you want more info give me a call. i can give you the full play by play. additionally one of my good buddies and his wife are DC's out here in corona. they wouldnt mind chatting with the significant other.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
Originally Posted by Wadster
Seems like everyone's got it backwards. Since the other guy hit you, it's his insurance that you have to file against. Hopefully it's not some fly by night outfit.

This happened in California, half the people don't bother to have car insurance, or insure only their own car. The rest of us pay for un/under-insured coverage, in effect buying these scoflaws a policy.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

but insurance also rips you a new one too so i almsot understand.
actually, my cousin who is driving my benz was hit by someone dolt who was uninsured about 4 months ago. no major damage to my baby (yes my baby cousin, who is far more important than a car) car had a dent and scratched front fender and some other minor wounds from the "battle." they said "we will pay for it, lets keep insurance out of it" i said whatever, after they kept stalling we contacted thier insurance and turns out they dont have any.

no big deal; insurance is pretty much a ripoff until you need it. my cousin said sue them, go after them in small claims, etc etc etc, but thats too much trouble. sadly, my cousin then crashed my car into someone else sustaining some serious damage, but the other car wasnt bad at all. mines in the shop gettin repaired as we speak.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
i slide mine into a curb today. i am guessing 4,000 in damage. but the paint is still good. that tj paint is bullet proof. lol.

god dam its hot out here. i figure the pavement was 150 degrees easy. i took a hard left into my housing track and the whole *** end let go. i think i hit some road grime and some loose gravel. i corrected but i didnt have enought room and i got a nice drive up the curb.

its all repairable but i think my insurance will drop my *** after 3 incidents this year. 1) radio theft 2) hit a 2x4 on the 101 fwy and 3) curbage.

i think the rear subframe is gone. i know the rear axle is bent. the rear control arm is wasted. 2 rims are shot. thank god they were amgs. the front suspension prob. needs upper and lower control arms and a new strurt. that dam strut was brand new this year.

some pics
zoom in for the rim shot. look at the 12 oclock postion.
http://importaw.com/mycar/oops/P1010056.JPG

read is posting out a little sideways.
http://importaw.com/mycar/oops/P1010057.JPG
Old 07-22-2005, 06:44 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
yikes eric! Sorry to hear about the really bad news. So not a scratch on the paint? Even more reason to send my *** down there. Anyways, hope everything gets fixed and worked on soon! We need you at those upcoming meets man! Keep me updated as things go by. Good luck with everything though.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:31 PM

88 260 E
Man sorry to hear about that Eric. Well hopefully everything will get fixed soon..Glad you just graduated into a good field now you can afford it..

~cali
Old 07-22-2005, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lots of cars
WTF is going on this summer!!! My car get f$%cked up and this happends to eric? SORRY TO SEE THOSE PICS But since i was an A-HOLE on the other thread let me make it up by offering to help you replace all those parts. If you want to go to the salvage yard and look for some parts i can help you. That is not going to be a $4,000 job and we'll replace the whole rear end!
Old 07-22-2005, 11:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E320 CDI
Sorry to hear about your accident Eric. Hopefully you're alright.

That damage on your car looks pretty bad. Hopefully your car still runs straight even after replacing the suspension.

GL
Old 07-22-2005, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
Originally Posted by YNVDIZW124
WTF is going on this summer!!! My car get f$%cked up and this happends to eric? SORRY TO SEE THOSE PICS But since i was an A-HOLE on the other thread let me make it up by offering to help you replace all those parts. If you want to go to the salvage yard and look for some parts i can help you. That is not going to be a $4,000 job and we'll replace the whole rear end!
thx for the offer. the good news is i have 21st century ins. the bad news is they are gonna have a HUGE bill.

i plan on getting all new wheels. maybe something like the hre 540 but not that expensive. i might also have some custom suspension parts made for the rear end like they were talking about in the other thread.

i leave for the keys next thrusdays so i hope the guy gets an estimate b4 i leave so my buddy at jonny lightning can get to work on this. either the ins will salvage it or fix it. if i show enough receipts to make it worth 15k they wont salvage it. if they did salvage it i would step up to a 94 500e. i love those cars also.

btw i think i ate it do to the heat. i went to jonny lightning today and their parking lot was bubbling up ooze. so chances are that is what i hit because the street was just repaired where i turned left.

so in closing if you have recommends for rims that are like the hre's please post up the links. also i will be selling my monoblocks. 1 damaged, 1 scraped and 2 in good condition.
Old 07-23-2005, 03:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMG_Eric
i slide mine into a curb today.....
well that sucks. right after you got your car back too.

well, if you get it fixed youve got a whole lot of new car in your old benz.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
some more pics of my accident.
a nice view of the tire marks on the sidewalkhttp://importaw.com/mycar/oops/car%20accident%20048.jpg
http://importaw.com/mycar/oops/car%20accident%20051.jpg
http://importaw.com/mycar/oops/car%20accident%20049.jpg

nice chunk outta the concrete
http://importaw.com/mycar/oops/car%20accident%20050.jpg

no this is not a rear steer benz
http://importaw.com/mycar/oops/car%20accident%20055.jpg

fractured rim anyone?
http://importaw.com/mycar/oops/car%20accident%20056.jpg
Old 07-26-2005, 12:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'90 500SL '07 C280 '98 E320, '19 C43
Insurance buy back

As the owner of the car you CAN buy it back from the insurance company. Let them write it off on paper and make you a dollar settlement offer. Then tell them you want to buy back the wreck, but make sure it can be fixed. I did that last March. They offered me 6500 for the write off (1990 300E) OR 5200 abd I kept the car. Guess what I did ?? I repaired the car for less than 500....used front fender and suspension....and the title wasn't branded salvage because the write off was based on "cost to repair" and not repairability. Good luck
Old 07-27-2005, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
Originally Posted by Brian McL
As the owner of the car you CAN buy it back from the insurance company. Let them write it off on paper and make you a dollar settlement offer. Then tell them you want to buy back the wreck, but make sure it can be fixed. I did that last March. They offered me 6500 for the write off (1990 300E) OR 5200 abd I kept the car. Guess what I did ?? I repaired the car for less than 500....used front fender and suspension....and the title wasn't branded salvage because the write off was based on "cost to repair" and not repairability. Good luck
i have a crapload of cash lieing around so if they junk it i will go this route. i would hate to see this suckah get scraped. however a nice 500e would look good in the driveway.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:32 PM

'95 3.2 M104
Eric....how old are you, man? I don't feel sorry for your wreck-less driving whatsoever, plus there could some kids on the sidewalk... I don't think you would care much for the rims, shocks, E500 or new paint job if something would really happen. I think, whatever happens to your car... just put it together and slow down.
- G -
Old 07-27-2005, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
Originally Posted by GORBETTTEAM
Eric....how old are you, man? I don't feel sorry for your wreck-less driving whatsoever, plus there could some kids on the sidewalk... I don't think you would care much for the rims, shocks, E500 or new paint job if something would really happen. I think, whatever happens to your car... just put it together and slow down.
- G -
i am glad you didnt read the whole thread. i mean why bother you are a busy guy and ready to hand out some nice negative comments at a moments notice.

if you read all of my posts concerning this you would understand that it was 110 degrees outside, the pavement temp was maybe 150-170 degrees and the pavement that i drove over was a temp patch and it was oozzzing tar. that tar got all over my tires and when i made a rolling left turn which is completely legal the whole *** end got away from me.

as far as kids what parent would allow their kids to walk outside in corona on a day where it is 110 in shade? as far as something happening i almost ran into a dam concrete light pole. if you look at the pics you will see the shody pavement patches and today and yesterday they are completely replacing all of the pavement. the reason for this is they ran a new 24" recycled water main thru our housing track and out onto the main throughfare.

to end this i guess it doesnt really matter what you think. i am safe, my nephew in the car is safe, the car will be repaired and i will drive as i choose to.

fyi i am 39.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hey if they write off your car i will buy it off them for $30.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
Originally Posted by neanderthal
hey if they write off your car i will buy it off them for $30.
you wont be able to because i will out bid you with $30.01 bahahahaha. love the e-bay.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:45 PM

'95 3.2 M104
whatever's your excuse...
- G -

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Soooo Sad And Sooo Mad!!! My Car Is Totaled!!!