E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Fuel Distributor?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Distributor?

Hello guys, I'm building an 8 valve turbo engine for my VW FOX and I am going to use the MB airmeter plate and fuel distributor. It is going to come of an 88 Mercedes I think with the inline 6, I don't know if it's a 2.7 or 3.0. My friend, which has already built his turbo Fox used one from an old school V8 Mercedes and ran two fuel injectors per cylinder. What I wanted to know is, do two cylinders get fuel at the same time, or do they run at different points because I am going to put the two extra injectors somewhere before the throttle body so the extra fuel gets distributed evenly to all the cylinders.

MB content, the other day I walked this 2000? Grand Prix GTP on the way home from school, my stock 93 300E Sportline is doing very well.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1991 300E
I am pretty sure that the MB injectors just run continuosly with no regard to firing order. If you are pulling the original fuel distributor that came with the car, you might want to think about getting a new one. They are expensive, but most older benzes will develop some kind of fuel related problem later on in life. If it is an M103 engine, then it is either a 3.0 or a 2.6. and the fuel distributor will have six leads coming off of it.