E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Exterior Light (Dashboard Warning Light)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2005 | 04:42 AM

E280, 1995, W124, White
Exterior Light (Dashboard Warning Light)

Hi People,

Hope you can help me with a problem with my car that just occurred today. The dashboard warning light for the Exterior Lights came one whilst I was driving today.

The thing was, none of the lights were in the on position and I was not braking nor reversing....usually if one of the lights are out the car will only have the warning lamp on when you have your foot on the brake, reversing etc. I can't figure out which light is out...everything seems to be ok.

Any ideas??

Cheers,

Jon
Old 08-25-2005 | 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz w124
ok... lets do this. start the car again and make sure you are not pressing on the brake. does the light come on? if so. i have no idea why. press down on the brake. does it come on? if so, you have 3 bulbs to check. don't forget about the third one inside the car. next, turn on your 'city lights' one twist to the right. does the sign come up? if so, you must replace those. then turn on the headlights, and then reverse, and then left turn signal and right turn signal. make sure the check them all one at a time. oh and also check your foglights by pulling back on the knob while the lights are on.
Old 08-25-2005 | 09:17 PM

300 CE, C23K
have you checked you license plate lights?