E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Special Edition Sedan 94-95

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Special Edition Sedan 94-95

What is the diff. btwn. a "regular" and a "SE?" The only thing that I can tell is some wood trim. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 VW Golf TDI
Wheels and doorsills are the key

Originally Posted by blume
What is the diff. btwn. a "regular" and a "SE?" The only thing that I can tell is some wood trim. Thanks in advance.
The six-spoke wheels and stainless doorsills are the primary indicators. They do not necessarily have every option, but they usually do have the hands free phone and the 6-disk CD changer. In general, I suppose some might say that the cars may not really be all that special. Mercedes just loaded up the 1995 car with many of the available options and called it the Special Edition. I have the Azure Blue paint, which is a very nice color and seems to be a bit rare, but I think anyone could have ordered the color. The entire car is the same color. The OEM wheels are a six-spoke alloy and look like the newer E430 wheels, although now I have AMG Monoblocks and use the original wheels just for winter. I have burl walnut trim, the integrated hands-free phone, a 6-disk trunk-mounted CD changer, and a kind of upgraded radio with a lot of bass boost. I also have stainless steel doorsills as OE. They are not the illuminated ones. They look real nice and they do make the car look special to me. Perhaps what really makes the 1995 special is the fact that it was the last year for the W124. By 1995, Mercedes "fixed" many of the things that everyone seems to modify on the older W124s. The lights are nice like Euro, the stereo is decent, and the car is all one color without the black rubber strips and black bumpers so it looks modern. The inline 6 cylinder motor is just amazing. I feel that there is no need to modify my motor, it is wonderful in every way. So that is it. Is it really special? I love the car, so it is quite special to me.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank you much!