E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Shurflo topside oil change pump

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 12:49 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1992 300e
Shurflo topside oil change pump

I just thought I would drop a comment about my new oil change pump. I used it for the first time today. I perfer to drain it from the bottom but we now live in an apartment, so I no longer have the luxury of a driveway or a garage. This way I can still change my oil myself quickly, then take it back upstairs for storage.

Shurflo says is pumps 3.75 gal a minute, but not in real life with the small diameter tubing you get with it. It took about 5-6 mins for it to pump the warm (not hot) oil out though the dipstick tube. While it was pumping I installed the new oil filter and had a nice cold beer, it was warm out 40 degrees

So easy to use. Insert the suction tube down the dipstick tube, to the bottom of the pan. Hook up the pos & neg clamps to your battery. Turn it on and kick back. Later I took it to the parts store to dump the used oil, it has a nice screw cap for that purpose, did not spill a drop.

I got mine off of ebay for $125, that included shipping. It's more then the others out there but this one is powered and self priming so no pumping is required. Also it holds 3.5 gallons of oil, so 2 changes worth.

Here is a link to Shurflo for those who want to see it http://www.shurflo.com/pages/Marine/...ge_winter.html

Ron
Old 12-06-2005, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1991 300E
that looks like a much nicer one than the pump I bought. Mine is just the cheezy plastic handheld type that has two tubes and a little electric motor. It gets pretty messy trying to keep the tubes straight and in the bucket you're dumping into. Still for $20 I guess you get what you pay for.