E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Woodgrain question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB 300E | BMW M Coupe
Woodgrain question...

Wow...I just got done reading the 'Carbon Fiber Fenders W124' thread and......wow (not trying to offend anyone with the Smilies)

Anyways, my question involves the carbon fiber topic as well. I like my wood grain console and accents throughout my inter. and all but i was wondering if anyone knew of a place that would make all my wood grain into real carbon fiber? i think it would look great with my grey inter. and i know it may be expensive.

Thanks for the input.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1992 300CE AMG Hammer Replica, 2004 C240, 2015 ML350
www.feathercarbon.com is where scott aka run.exe had his done. they overlayed on top of his wood. he did say it would be better to mill the wood down like 1/32 of an inch before doing the carbon fiber so it doesn;t get thicker. but they did a fantastic job on his car.

I have seen previously on ebay some guy selling them in carbon fiber, but don't know if he is still around.

Alon
Old 03-29-2006, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
500E's
The zebrano or burl wood is only 1/16 inch thick to begin with. I recommend removing all of the wood from the backing before laminating either cf or any new wood. That will just make the process go better and allow a deeper clearcoat to be applied without it looking heavy. I finished a W210 a bit back and it has a pot metal behind the wood instead of backing wood so that is a bit of a different process.

I don't think feathercarbon is going to do anymore cars. He was not happy doing the runexe's car interior but it did turn out good. I was at his shop in Virginia when some of the parts came out of the vacuum the second time.

I am in the middle of a very big project now but will be back doing interiors by May (hopefully). This one has to be done two days before the Derby.