E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

A few annoying problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 09:49 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 E320 Wagon
A few annoying problems

Guys, 2 problems I'd like to fix. 1) my drivers door will not lock with the door open. If the door is open you cannot push the lock handle down no matter how you try, you can on the passenger side. However, if the door is closed you can push the handle down and all doors lock and unlock. You can still put the key in the outside drivers door and lock all regardless if door is open or closed. Anybody? New lock mechanism?

2) Every once and awhile my radio antenna stows itself for no reason. The radio will be on and it will just go down, you have to turn the radio off and back on and it will come up for the remainder of the trip. Anyone had this happen?

BTW,my engine wiring harness DOES need replaced (just offering this info as this seems to effect Everything on these cars )
Old 03-30-2006, 12:08 AM

you must lock the drivers door with the key!

that's how it works...i guess an attempt to not lock keys in car[?]

i can't help you on the antenna, sorry

replace all your ceramic fuses too. it'll cost $3-$5
Old 03-30-2006, 01:23 AM
X03

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB 1990 300E
you could always just have your antenna up by pushing the "ant" button
Old 03-30-2006, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is a German Tank
Originally Posted by X03
you could always just have your antenna up by pushing the "ant" button

I have the exact same problems, even with the "ant" button pressed so that it can remain in the up position it will go down regardless...

Old 03-30-2006, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by triggerman
Guys, 2 problems I'd like to fix. 1) my drivers door will not lock with the door open. If the door is open you cannot push the lock handle down no matter how you try, you can on the passenger side. However, if the door is closed you can push the handle down and all doors lock and unlock. You can still put the key in the outside drivers door and lock all regardless if door is open or closed. Anybody? New lock mechanism?

2) Every once and awhile my radio antenna stows itself for no reason. The radio will be on and it will just go down, you have to turn the radio off and back on and it will come up for the remainder of the trip. Anyone had this happen?

BTW,my engine wiring harness DOES need replaced (just offering this info as this seems to effect Everything on these cars )
Man I almost spit my drink all over my office when I read the "not locking part". That's funny bro, I am not being mean it's just funny. They are designed to keep you from locking the keys in your car. I can't help ya on the radio problem. Good luck bro.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:38 PM
Almost a Member!

95 E320 Wagon
Originally Posted by AZ.BENZ
Man I almost spit my drink all over my office when I read the "not locking part". That's funny bro, I am not being mean it's just funny. They are designed to keep you from locking the keys in your car. I can't help ya on the radio problem. Good luck bro.
Well always glad to entertain But seriously, no one knows what exactly might be happening with my antenna? Guess its a short of some kind.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 180 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Originally Posted by triggerman
Well always glad to entertain But seriously, no one knows what exactly might be happening with my antenna? Guess its a short of some kind.
It's an almost broken wire or loose connector.

Radio sends signal to activate antenna. Signal goes away when radio is turned off. Clearly, it also goes away if the connection between wire and antenna is interrupted.