E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

umm.. help..?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 10:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Was 89' 300E, Now 93' 500SEL
umm.. help..?

Ok you all know im new here and i have a few minor things that is isnt working in my car. So now im going to need some of your guys help on this can tell me some info. Here is a list

PROBLEMS:
Headlight wiper doesnt work
all 4 Door lock wont automatically lock
Blown speakers, need dimensions measurements
Old 05-10-2006, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is a German Tank
Originally Posted by hellah fresh
Ok you all know im new here and i have a few minor things that is isnt working in my car. So now im going to need some of your guys help on this can tell me some info. Here is a list

PROBLEMS:
Headlight wiper doesnt work
all 4 Door lock wont automatically lock
Blown speakers, need dimensions measurements
What exactly do you mean by all four wont automatically lock??
Old 05-10-2006, 03:53 PM

88 260 E
I wouldn't worry too much about the headlight wipers not working. Since you'll probably be updating to eurolights, this will eliminate the need for the wipers. Most people remove the wipers when switching to eurolights.

For the door locks it can be something as simple as a blown fuse. If you haven't changed all your fuses recently do so now, even if they don't look blown change them anyways. This has solved several little bugs I had.

Speakers - 4" in dash 5 1/4 - 6 1/ 2 rears this is if you don't have door speakers and just rear shelf speakers and dash speakers. Of course you can always adapt for larger speakers witha Dremmel

~Cali
Old 05-11-2006, 10:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Was 89' 300E, Now 93' 500SEL
As for the locks. You know how when you maually push down the driver side lock to lock the car and then it automatically locks all the other doors too.. well it doesnt do that anymore. I hear like a motor turning and all... but it wont go down. As of the speakers.. yeah i have 2 front and back. Thanks for letting me know! Oh... i was looking into the Halo headlights.. That means i can use my wipers?

OH BTW how do i remove the front dash speakers? i tried to remove it and it seem like the covers wanted to break of so i stopped. =\

Last edited by hellah fresh; 05-11-2006 at 10:07 AM.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:40 AM

Hi Hellah, i had the same problem with my locks, if you can hear the motor working, it is not a fuse, then you have to find the place where the vacuum sleeve are disconected. Open your hood and listen carefully for a noise like a puncture or a pressure air blowing (just for a second)... when you lock and unlock your secures. If is not under the hood you have to revise the section where tou can hear this kind of sound.
About the wippers revise the conections and if its connected just look and change the fuse.
I hope this can help you.
Best regards.