E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

87 300E-windows,seats, works when door is open ONLY..whats going on with my car?HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 06:49 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
87 300E-windows,seats, works when door is open ONLY..whats going on with my car?HELP!

My 300E is plagued with grimlins and the windows seats and wipers dont work when the drive door is closed...why is this happening??. When I open it..everything works fine. Need help
Old 06-13-2006, 08:02 PM

87 300e
i have the same year and had the same issue. i thought i cause it when i tried pulling out my car phone. it fixed itself one day

made for fun stories though. I picked my friend up to take them somewhere, and they tried to move their seat and asked why it wasnt moving. i said "hold on" pulled over and opened my door and said "go ahead" it was fun
Old 06-14-2006, 01:01 AM
Almost a Member!

hahahahahaaa...i would have died laughing...to be honest my seats,windows and wipers were not working untill this evening....I had exposed radio wires in my console so I taped them up to see if my "comfort" fuse would hold up(it kept on blowing before) and it did, but I encoutered a new problem as I explained above. So if anybody else have or had my problem..if you care to let some light in on this issue..I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Andre.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is a German Tank
Originally Posted by diablo roadster
i have the same year and had the same issue. i thought i cause it when i tried pulling out my car phone. it fixed itself one day

made for fun stories though. I picked my friend up to take them somewhere, and they tried to move their seat and asked why it wasnt moving. i said "hold on" pulled over and opened my door and said "go ahead" it was fun

LOL Thats funny my rear right pass window is not working at all...I'm thinking of giving your solution a shot!
Old 06-20-2006, 03:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

89 300TE, and 68 280sel
I saw this happen on a 190E, it turned out to be the wires started to break down at the hinge point... if all else fails check the current from console switch to the window motor wires.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:31 PM

81 300D, 83 380SEC, 92 300E
This might not even be relevant since it was with my 380SEC. But the Seats would only adjust with the door open. I found a fuse that wasn't making contact (I believe it was for the courtesy lights and whatever else is on That circuit.) I cleaned the contacts for all the fuses at that time since they all had a bit of corrosion. And after that my seats started to adjust with the door closed. I am not sure if that was the fix or if it was coincidence.

Mike