E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

2 fuse questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2006 | 12:13 PM

1983 240D, 1989 300E
2 fuse questions

I am currently working on two problems with my car (1989 300E). The front passenger window and aux cooling fan.

Front passenger window does not work. I have jerry rigged it to work. I have run a wire from the front driver window motor to the front passenger side motor. The front driver window switch now controls both front windows so I know it is not the motor. The strange thing is the rear driver’s side window works fine. Under the fuse box the wires for the front passenger fuse are totally exposed. I guess it grounded out somewhere and even melted the coating off the wires. I have called the local dealer and they have the part. I just need to know where the other end of this wire is located. The wire is the one next to my finger in the picture

The auxiliary fan problem, I have put 12 volts straight from the battery and he fan spins. It will not kick in at any temp and the car is getting way to hot here in Atlanta. I took a picture of the bottom of the fuse box. Is there supposed to be a wire attached to the bottom of the fuse in the white circle.