E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

1994 e320 front brake rotors and pads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2006 | 02:36 PM
Almost a Member!

1994 MB E320, 1988 Porsche 951
1994 e320 front brake rotors and pads

Hi guys, I'm trying to order frt brake rotors and pads from on-line site, how do I determine the "chassis" number on the '94 e320 sedan? The rotors and pads have different stock numbers for the "-B xxxxxxx" series and the "B xxxxxx-" series. I can't find a "B" chassis number anywhere on the car (???).
Old 10-05-2006 | 07:12 PM

1988 300E
It most likely refers to the VIN # separation point at which the factory changed the parts being used in the production line. In other words, cars with the first # or earlier run one part & cars with the second # or later run the other part.
Old 10-06-2006 | 03:38 AM

1992 300CE AMG Hammer Replica, 2004 C240, 2015 ML350
I would check with phil at mercedesshop's partsshop. he can get good prices.

On a side note.

I just upgraded my discs front and rear with pads. I went witht he zimmerman cross drilled rotors front and rear. and ceramic pads front and rear.

Car stops like it never has before. brakes feel rock solid now and grab like there is no tomorrow.

Loving the new setup. Who needs big brakes... not when you upgrade the pads and discs with the right stuff thats what I say.

My brakes never felt like this ever since I have had the car.

Then again I only put on rear pads on my car one time never did the discs before and the fronts I did the discs like 4 years ago or so, but went through a couple of sets of pads...

I highly recommend the zimmerman cross drilled rotors and some ceramic pads.

Alon
Old 10-06-2006 | 01:18 PM

1994 White an Grey E320 "Shado"
Originally Posted by ashman
I would check with phil at mercedesshop's partsshop. he can get good prices.

On a side note.

I just upgraded my discs front and rear with pads. I went witht he zimmerman cross drilled rotors front and rear. and ceramic pads front and rear.

Car stops like it never has before. brakes feel rock solid now and grab like there is no tomorrow.

Loving the new setup. Who needs big brakes... not when you upgrade the pads and discs with the right stuff thats what I say.

My brakes never felt like this ever since I have had the car.

Then again I only put on rear pads on my car one time never did the discs before and the fronts I did the discs like 4 years ago or so, but went through a couple of sets of pads...

I highly recommend the zimmerman cross drilled rotors and some ceramic pads.

Alon
I agree about the rotors didnt know about the ceramic pads tho...where did you get the setup from? Am intrested in upgraing my brakes soon...
Old 10-06-2006 | 02:31 PM
Almost a Member!

1994 MB E320, 1988 Porsche 951
I just checked w/Phil @ mercedesshop. He says the "B" chassis # could be a "C" chassis #, it's the last 7 of the mb vin #, a "C" # would be the later chassis # when you order the brake parts. Confusing huh? Phil was very helpful, I recommend ordering parts from him, (I did, frt rotors and pads). I got the $60.63 Zimmerman rotors and the $44.74 PBR pads because of cost concerns. Thanks for the replies guys.
Old 10-06-2006 | 11:50 PM

1992 300CE AMG Hammer Replica, 2004 C240, 2015 ML350
I got it from phil at mercedesshop.com fastlane.

I paid like $485 shipped for front and rear zimmerman cross drilled rotors, and front and rear ceramic pads, with the sensors, new set screws for the discs, brake pad anti squeal paste, and tax and shipping altogether.

that is the most I have ever spent on my brakes since I have had the car. I usually would just go for the oem stuff through phil, which is not too expensive, but this time I decided to go for the killer setup.

I had the pbr pads on my car before with oem ate rotors and they worked good.

My last set of rear pads lasted like 4 years maybe more. about 50,000 miles. not too bad. When I got new tires 3 years ago they told me I needed to do my rear pads... LOL I showed them. got 3 more years outta those supposedly worn rear pads, and when I took them off there was still a millimeter of material left on them

All I can say is I am more than pleased. I was going to put bigger calipers on my car, but now, I don;t have to. this setup really works better than I have ever felt on my car. they feel as good as the AMG brakes I have felt on AMG cars to me. Maybe others will say they don;t, but I can tell you the pedal is rock solid and they stop on a dime like they never have before.