E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Where to look for Convertible/Cabriolet info?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to look for Convertible/Cabriolet info?

Hi gang -

A W124 convertable is a potential purchase for my girlfriend, I was curious where to look for model specific info on this site. There is no dedicated forum here, which I understand. I'm sure most of the mechanical issues are the same (wiring harness, A/C, etc.), just curious if there are model specific issues like the power top.
Thanks in advance,
-Mirror

P.S. I am absolutely a believer that the W124 is one of the best cars ever made. Always wanted one.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
95 E320 Cabriolet, 108K
It may be difficult to find information specific to the W124 cabriolet. There's just not many of those cars out these. Of the people that own one, very few are willing to participate in any such forum.

I saw one such specific forum some time ago for W124 cabriolets. I guess it didn't excite me much since I never bookmarked it.

As far as issues specific to the cabriolet, I just had a second hydraulic cylinder spring a leak. The top had to come out of the car for this repair. I went ahead and had the other three cylinders rebuilt also, since I don't want to do this job twice. Replacement cylinders are $150 each from the dealer. There's a guy who started a business repairing cylinders for $30 each plus shipping.

Bookmark this contact:

Dennis Ficken
16285 S. Chester
Olathe, KS 66062
913-390-0506
mercedescylinders@scbglobal.net