E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

FUEL PUMP NOISE (WHIZZING) then die...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FUEL PUMP NOISE (WHIZZING) then die...

Hi all, maybe u can help me. About a month ago, i noted a whizzing in my car when it is turned on, around the trunk. Yesterday i was driving my car and driving becomes rough and i lost force. In a hilly highway i had to stop my car because a slowly truck. When i pass to first, my car stops like it was without gas. I noted that the noise you can hear when you open the key, no sounds more. Any idea. Advanced thanks, and a happy new year.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is a German Tank
Originally Posted by diego.acevedo
Hi all, maybe u can help me. About a month ago, i noted a whizzing in my car when it is turned on, around the trunk. Yesterday i was driving my car and driving becomes rough and i lost force. In a hilly highway i had to stop my car because a slowly truck. When i pass to first, my car stops like it was without gas. I noted that the noise you can hear when you open the key, no sounds more. Any idea. Advanced thanks, and a happy new year.

Hearing your pumps hizzing is a good thing.

"no sounds more" probably means they have gone bad.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like the fuel pump is/has died. If the fuel filter is blocked/clogged, it will labor the pump, making it work harder. That will also make it louder or make more noise, a whizzing or whinning noise.