E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

I am confused a little, is this legal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 S55
Those Brabus wheels are excatly what I want where did you get them please?
Thanks,
Roger
Old 03-04-2007, 11:36 AM

1995 S14
Originally Posted by ROG100
Those Brabus wheels are excatly what I want where did you get them please?
Thanks,
Roger
I got them on ebay. This auction has ended, but go to the seller's store to get them.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...2783238&rd=1,1
Old 03-04-2007, 06:07 PM

a TVR Cerbera Speed Twelve
Originally Posted by Garfunkle_W124
I got them on ebay. This auction has ended, but go to the seller's store to get them.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...2783238&rd=1,1
Wasn't the seller shady?
Old 03-05-2007, 10:09 AM

1995 S14
Originally Posted by battlecat714
Wasn't the seller shady?
yep, but I worked things out. I called there manager and talked to him for a while about how sorry his customer service was and how his business was a joke. Shortly after that, I recieved a receipt on ebay for $110.00 (shipping chargers they refunded) I still recommend them, because the wheels are excellent quality and the price is unbeatable. Just be prepared to wait a week or so for the wheels.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
Originally Posted by shdoug
I'll bet they are just as round, roll just as well, and create a shiny blur moving down the street just as well as the Brabus.
actually, a number of knockoff wheels are slightly 'oval'... so buyer beware!
having said that, i'm all about getting a good deal, and have bought knockoffs in the past. i would have some right now, but they sent me the wrong ones so i got the tsw's instead.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:03 AM

All of them!
There are different levels of quality. Some replica/knockoff's are better quality. FM wheels are built in italy and carry the TUV approval. I would trust that standard. Here is an example.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-x8...QQcmdZViewItem

This leaves the question, Their knockoffs are knockoffs, but would you buy their own designed wheels or frown on them too? Or how about the replica factory wheels that are available in different sizes that were never available from the factory? Personally I like this one as you can strengthen a desireable factory look, like an 18" 8 hole Mercedes wheel on our w124's. It never was manufactured by Mercedes.

Last edited by mbenzman; 03-07-2007 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Enzo, my Benzo
Those ones are Lorinser LM5 replicas....not their own design or an MB replica....same ****....stop copying and design your OWN wheels....ugh that bugs me.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:18 AM

All of them!
So Lorinser wheels are good? Why? Are they better than something else? Stop painting the world with your broad brush. The wheels are out there and even AMG wheels were not their own design.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
You are not even making sense. Did you READ this thread? All I am saying is that big companies that research, DESIGN and take the time to do all the marketing, spend all the money to create new and better wheels..they are the ones to support, not the little fv(kers that rip off ideas and try to sell them as their own. HOW are AMG wheels not their own design?? Because Ronal makes them? For an "MBENZMAN" you sure don't know a whole lot about the process...
Old 03-08-2007, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 E320 SE, 162,000 Miles (Sold)
Originally Posted by ZorroAMG
You are not even making sense. Did you READ this thread? All I am saying is that big companies that research, DESIGN and take the time to do all the marketing, spend all the money to create new and better wheels..they are the ones to support, not the little fv(kers that rip off ideas and try to sell them as their own. HOW are AMG wheels not their own design?? Because Ronal makes them? For an "MBENZMAN" you sure don't know a whole lot about the process...
Are you serious? Forget the wheels, let's get back to basics. Let's say ABC Company spends $5 million in R&D to design and produce a Widget that they sell for $200. They don't patent the design so XYZ Company "steals" the process and produces a very similar Widget for $50 that does 99.5% of what the $200 Widget does and sells like hotcakes. You're telling me that you will buy the $200 Widget because you are a man of principle? That's very admirable. You are my idol! However, don't you think that would make for, like 3 companies left in the entire world? Everthing I see looks like a knockoff of someone else's idea; music, movies, cars, jewelry, etc. There's really nothing new under the sun, man. King Solomon saw that in his day.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:29 PM

All of them!
Do you write ALL your own material, MR. ACTOR with AMG and ZORRO in your name?? Are you a real wannabe or just act to be an AMG owner? Lorinser copied benz original wheels too! You don't know as much as your extensive "E" knowledge let's you pretend. Moron use another example and do some more of your "E" homework. I am a MBENZMAN and don't pretend.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:43 PM

All of them!
The bottom line is I have seen wheels that are replicas that are fine, round and true, and others that of such poor quality that the bolts even drilled properly spaced and have bent the some of the wheel bolts sideways when torqued down.
Buyer beware! If it feels good do it. I don't have a set of aftermarket wheels, but I'm not opposed to it especially with the price and custom sizes available. Tuv approval is a decent indication of quality. I won't look down on you for coming into my shop with aftermarket wheels!
Old 03-08-2007, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
OMG...you guys just type to read your own bullshat...

shdoug, I DO support the real companies, I PAY for my mp3s and dvds, sorry if that offends you.

mbenzman, you are just a d!(k. Leave personal attacks out of this and go play with yourself in the mirror some more. If you were a REAL mbenzman, you wouldn't own a glorified convertible c-class and an american made minivan. Your 500E is the only purchase keeping you in the game.

I have an opinon and I am entitled to it, so if you can't deal with that I suggest you try this site instead: www.blahblahblahidontgivea****.com

EDIT: vraa, I HAVE been playing nice, but your warning has been heeded.

Last edited by ZorroAMG; 03-08-2007 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Guys play nice! No name calling.
Next insult is up for a 7 day suspension.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE=ZorroAMG;2064222]
shdoug, I DO support the real companies, I PAY for my mp3s and dvds, sorry if that offends you.

Did I say anything about copying mp3s and dvds? I'm talking about legitimate business transactions, not piracy and stealing.

Last edited by shdoug; 03-08-2007 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
what do you think replicas are? Even if it's "legal" in terms of copying a design after a patent runs out, it is still stealing....don't kid youurself...business is business, I understand that, but most of these wheel companies that only make replicas are only IN BUSINESS cause of the big guys and their hard work and capital investments...

I am not trying to argue or have heated debates with you shdoug, just my opinion I am sharing
Old 03-08-2007, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

what do you think replicas are? Even if it's "legal" in terms of copying a design after a patent runs out, it is still stealing....don't kid youurself...business is business, I understand that, but most of these wheel companies that only make replicas are only IN BUSINESS cause of the big guys and their hard work and capital investments...

I am not trying to argue or have heated debates with you shdoug, just my opinion I am sharing
That's cool. Opinions are fine with me and I don't know enough about how these replica wheel companies operate to argue about it. I was just saying that most people choose the cheaper option even when it's not a good idea. If they didn't, Walmart would not exist.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:41 PM

All of them!
OMG...you guys just type to read your own bullshat...

mbenzman, you are just a d!(k. Leave personal attacks out of this and go play with yourself in the mirror some more. If you were a REAL mbenzman, you wouldn't own a glorified convertible c-class and an american made minivan. Your 500E is the only purchase keeping you in the game.

I have an opinon and I am entitled to it, so if you can't deal with that I suggest you try this site instead: www.blahblahblahidontgivea****.com
Is this your website, ACTOR child, wannabe, personal attacks??? yeh ok know it all! You attacked me, enjoy some back. I am a d**k so? You think you have that market cornered? I don't stare at myself, you obviously do. Maybe the fight here is with yourself and own ugly reflection.
Maybe it don't make sense to you because you don't know everything and this would conflict with your self image. Read and learn
Back to YOUR mistake. Lorinser has copied o.e. wheels, Have you figured it out yet? Oh no, bad example, you go get some more "E" knowledge and come back. You really don't know s**t, so step on my toes and get some!
As for your attack on a few of my cars, two REAL AMG's baby, and you say the 500E (built by Porshe) is my only game? I have other vehicles too, good thing you haven't found that out yet, like my 6.9 and it's no "game".
This could be fun, ever notice the AMG sections here, come over there and tell the REAL BOYS that their CLK55's and ML55's are not real AMG's.
As far as being a real MBENZMAN, If you talk to M.B. They recognize me as a real MBENZMAN as I am factory trained. And you are what? An aspiring ACTOR? I'll work on Mercedes and you go ahead and act like it or anything else . Some people on this forum have been in my shop so I'm not a ghost.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
Originally Posted by mbenzman
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
Stop pretending I care about what you think or say...seriously. Not only are you hard to understand with your severe lack of grammar and writing composition, you are just boring. I won't be responding to you anymore, so be my guest and type your face off here....

Last edited by ZorroAMG; 03-08-2007 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
Originally Posted by shdoug
That's cool. Opinions are fine with me and I don't know enough about how these replica wheel companies operate to argue about it. I was just saying that most people choose the cheaper option even when it's not a good idea. If they didn't, Walmart would not exist.

You are correct there and even though I do have decent business sense and education, I won't pretend I am the know-it-all either
Old 03-08-2007, 05:14 PM

1985 W124 200D
Old 03-08-2007, 05:20 PM

1995 S14
Stop pretending I care about what you think or say...seriously. Not only are you hard to understand with your severe lack of grammar and writing composition, you are just boring. I won't be responding to you anymore, so be my guest and type your face off here....
You are like my mom, you never lose an argument.

(I got your back bruh )
Old 03-08-2007, 06:24 PM

1994 White an Grey E320 "Shado"
Am waiting for Vraa to put a striped referee shirt on an call personal foul or throw a flag in a minute...

"Uh oh! Theres a flag on the thread at the 38th post, thread fans..."
"Looks like facemask on the snap"
"Warnings in the backfield with the ref eyeing the players before the benches clear for a free for all."
"2nd down!!"

Last edited by DarkHand; 03-08-2007 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1990 300ce
does anybody every think how strange it is... what we're doing right now... sitting here on an internet forum talking about cars... getting all pissed at each other about rims? lol

I'm not trying to be condescending, cuz that would be hypocritical. I've gotten pissed about stupid stuff on these forums before too. It's just funny how seriously we take this and how much time many of us (myself included) spend on here.

So let's not take ourselves so seriously.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
88-300CE TWIN TURBO, 99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB, 08 CLK63 BLACK SERIES

So true...."Business is business", and it is always competitive.
To apply your hypothesis that a market has no place for a replica or let's even call it a knockoff, would then create a non competitive market for the specific product.

If the original manufacturer "A" will not move on their price point, then they have established a niche market of limited size.
A second manufacturer "B" comes along and replicates the product with a lower price point and expands the market.
So who is the better business man ????

Very rare there is patent infringement because it is easy to do the slightest modification to the design to get around the original patent.
More difficult is to get around trademarks and copy rights.

The global market for aftermarket auto parts is so large that there exists a place for all producers at varied price points.

The subject of wheels is especially interesting as it is a no brainer for a manufacturer with casting experience to design a wheel blank that can be machined to various specifications.
Country of origin or manufacture does not assure that the blank has come from where all blanks originate, which is the PRC.

Following your train of thought then did the originators of the custom light weight performance wheel, such as Minilite in the U.K. and Cragar in the USA get knocked off by AMG, Brabus, Lorinser, et al ???

So why pay top dollar when you can get equal quality in a finished product with a lower price point?

There was an old saying among Bentley drivers in the pre and post war era.."I'm secure enough to drive a Bentley".....in essence it was identical to the Rolls Royce, just different grille shell and badging, and cost at the time about $600.00 less...

Who cares about labels, names, designers, etc...I'm into performance and if I can only get it from the originator, then I'll pay to play....but I will always try to source a more competitive equal if possible....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I am confused a little, is this legal?