E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Fellow Selling Aero I Monoblocks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 03:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Range Rover Classic
Fellow Selling Aero I Monoblocks

Over at Mercedes Shop. Apparently new in box.

Heres his Profile
Old 04-05-2007, 06:59 AM

W124
I mayb asking a repeat question

How to tell the diff between the Aero 1 monoblock and the Hammer?
Old 04-05-2007, 11:42 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
the AMG.

Anyways, thanks for the information Eliot.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:52 PM

Range Rover Classic
They must be pretty rare... you might want a second set.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:41 PM

bmw
cool i guess..i dunno i don't really get why these are so hot? IMO they look 80's and chunky. With all the different wheel styles out there i could pick something else more appealing and expensive looking
Old 04-05-2007, 04:14 PM

Range Rover Classic
Classic AMG look... If I had a pre face lift W124 I'd really consider them.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:23 PM

a TVR Cerbera Speed Twelve
Originally Posted by n8nod9it
cool i guess..i dunno i don't really get why these are so hot? IMO they look 80's and chunky. With all the different wheel styles out there i could pick something else more appealing and expensive looking
pham should be eSlapping you in a couple of hours, if not less.

Trending Topics

Old 04-05-2007, 05:32 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
Nah, Not worth my time. He's a n00b.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:57 PM

a TVR Cerbera Speed Twelve
Originally Posted by ChrisDPham
Wow I'm actually surprised it took you this long to respond! OMG...they actually have you working now!
Old 04-05-2007, 09:08 PM

bmw
Originally Posted by battlecat714
pham should be eSlapping you in a couple of hours, if not less.
Wow i must have broken some unwritten law of the holy Benz book for contributing a non-status quo opinion.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:08 PM

bmw
Originally Posted by ChrisDPham

Ohhh yes can i get a cookie?
Old 04-05-2007, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
Wow i must have broken some unwritten law of the holy Benz book for contributing a non-status quo opinion.
brother, re-read your comment, and then apply it to the car you drive instead of the wheels.

cool i guess..i dunno i don't really get why these are so hot? IMO they look 80's and chunky. With all the different wheel car styles out there i could pick something else more appealing and expensive looking
guess what, you drive a classic, chunky, solid car designed in the 80's, and no matter what anyone says the only wheels that suit it are classic, chunky, solid ones. there is no wheel that looks better on a w124 than an amg monoblock I/II or hammer, period. you obviously appreciate the beauty of your car, which is why you didn't spend the money on a honda accord, or something more 'appealing and expensive looking', and the same goes for the wheels... it's not even a matter of taste, it's just the way it is! say it with me, monoblock FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2007, 09:39 PM

bmw
Originally Posted by ZedStyle
brother, re-read your comment, and then apply it to the car you drive instead of the wheels.

guess what, you drive a classic, chunky, solid car designed in the 80's, and no matter what anyone says the only wheels that suit it are classic, chunky, solid ones. there is no wheel that looks better on a w124 than an amg monoblock I/II or hammer, period. you obviously appreciate the beauty of your car, which is why you didn't spend the money on a honda accord, or something more 'appealing and expensive looking', and the same goes for the wheels... it's not even a matter of taste, it's just the way it is! say it with me, monoblock FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to deviate from the group think here. I couldn't disagree more. I've been driving Mercedes since 1984...and have seen my share of Monoblocks and knock off replica's, on so many Benz' that IMO they are common place, unappealing and ordinary IMO. Yes thats my opinion, and i could give a rats *** if i don't fall in line. I think they are overrated... A matter of taste IS subjective, and i've seen my share of atrocious mods put on the 124 by certain members here that get boo's and criticism... Why should these be excluded from allowing an alternative viewpoint? I didn't mean to start a flame war with my initial post, but god dammit if a differing opinion on these precious AMG wheels get so many feathers ruffled around here then whats the point...i might as well go run out and get me some AMG wheels just to renew my membership.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:41 PM

bmw
And my initial post was in no way directed at anyone or to try and dissuade a sale over those wheels. If someone wants em' and likes em' more power to em'
Old 04-05-2007, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
whatever floats your boat man. i happen to think that brabus VI and the split spoke amg wheels are too common and you see them on every second car on the road. i just found it ironic you didn't like the wheels because they were '80's and chunky', yet you drive a w124!
you've inspired to get some 'more expensive looking' wheels for my whip!

just out of curiosity, what is your idea of the ideal wheel for these cars?
Old 04-05-2007, 10:39 PM

Mercedes benz 1991 300ce(RIP), now an 89 300ce
whatever floats your boat man. i happen to think that brabus VI and the split spoke amg wheels are too common and you see them on every second car on the road. i just found it ironic you didn't like the wheels because they were '80's and chunky', yet you drive a w124!

those are some ill looking wheels!
Old 04-05-2007, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dora the Explorer
Sorry to deviate from the group think here. I couldn't disagree more. I've been driving Mercedes since 1984...and have seen my share of Monoblocks and knock off replica's, on so many Benz' that IMO they are common place, unappealing and ordinary IMO. Yes thats my opinion, and i could give a rats *** if i don't fall in line. I think they are overrated... A matter of taste IS subjective, and i've seen my share of atrocious mods put on the 124 by certain members here that get boo's and criticism... Why should these be excluded from allowing an alternative viewpoint? I didn't mean to start a flame war with my initial post, but god dammit if a differing opinion on these precious AMG wheels get so many feathers ruffled around here then whats the point...i might as well go run out and get me some AMG wheels just to renew my membership.
dude, don't get so upset. I think they have a problem with your seemingly oxymoronic reason for not liking them. You drive a chunky 80's style car but don't Hammers because they're chunky 80's style wheels? It just seems strange.

Everyone is welcome here, every opinion is welcome here. Just don't get too upset about people thinking that you have a strange opinion.

****, Henry has chrome wheels and we still love him...

let's all just get along like the old days already.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:31 PM

bmw
Originally Posted by mgw_300e
dude, don't get so upset. I think they have a problem with your seemingly oxymoronic reason for not liking them. You drive a chunky 80's style car but don't Hammers because they're chunky 80's style wheels? It just seems strange.

Everyone is welcome here, every opinion is welcome here. Just don't get too upset about people thinking that you have a strange opinion.

I understand your point, and appreciate your moderation... I just don't see the connection that chunky car = must have chunky wheels association, or that a POV would be immediately assailed as "noob" by so called resident experts on the subject. My strange opinion sometimes is what sets opinions like mine apart from the other fish in the school..good or bad?? Maybe its controversial, i didn't intend it to be so... regardless i dislike the wheels on my own Benz

Brabus like these http://www.benzworld.org/gallery/sho...1/ppuser/11501

and want to change them with something...don't know what yet. Maybe some OZ or like this-

http://www.benzworld.org/gallery/data/512/123.JPG
Old 04-05-2007, 11:33 PM

bmw

just out of curiosity, what is your idea of the ideal wheel for these cars?
That is unique See below link of what i was looking @...not the Brabus link
Old 04-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Almost a Member!

01 VF3 VR6 Jetta / 89 300E "Helga"
I guess I'm going to throw another wrench into the wheel choice discussion. the blocks are hawt... don't let me or anyone else dissuade from that classic chunky look... no mater what set of monoblocks or replica or knock off blocks you toss on a w124, it looks good! choosing something else is a hit or miss... mesh wheels work well, multispoke wheels usually are okay... HOWEVER - there are certain wheels that have NO business being on certain cars... if there was a light weight monoblock, i'd be all over it... but you can't fight fact over opinion. nice wheels waste more gas... unless you're talking about the 98-2000 clk wheels which are TOTALLY pimp and weigh so much less than a set of monoblocks... my opinion for ideal wheels is any wheel less than 20lbs and 40lbs being the MAX weight for the wheel/tire combo...

and for the record... Henry's wheels (which happen to be my wheels as well) are polished because if it was chromed, it would weigh more than the monoblocks ... light wheels FTW
Old 04-06-2007, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is a German Tank
Originally Posted by mgw_300e

YAY! LOL

Thanks for Teh Love Mattortimer!

Dude, I friggin' love my wheels, those *****ez are SO freakin' light
Old 04-06-2007, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is a German Tank
whoa!
Old 04-06-2007, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Enzo, my Benzo
there is no wheel that looks better on a w124 than an amg monoblock I/II or hammer, period.
I dunooooooooooo-oh, I think Carlsson 2/6 Brilliant Editions kick serious butt on the monoblocks from AMG

I DO roll Mono IIs as well though.....in the WINTER

Personal wheel choice and taste FTW!!

Old 04-06-2007, 03:02 PM

These are sweet wheels!!

http://www.benzworld.org/gallery/data/512/123.JPG
Old 04-06-2007, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Enzo, my Benzo
I agree...what are they?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fellow Selling Aero I Monoblocks