E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

R134a leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 10:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
93 300SE Rauch "Smoke"
Ok! Going through simular with my E420! I ran some Super Seal in mine and I think it plugged the hole but I had other problems mostly moisture in the system and I am sure it crapped out the drier. I am also replacing the expansion valve on the firewall. When my parts get here I will vac down the system replace the freon and cross my fingers!! I fig that I would spend a couple hundred bucks and try and fix it before I had to shell out 3 grand to put in new evap. You really need a gauge to tell you whats going on in the system! Get on the web and read about how ac works! Very enlighting

Smokie
Old 09-20-2007, 07:14 PM

93 300SE Rauch "Smoke"
Well my parts arrived and I got them installed! Expansion valve kind of a knuckle buster!! I vacuumed down the system for a good 2hrs!! Then I added a can of oil and installed the freon. So far so good ! running a nice clear glass on the drier and a cool sweaty suction line! Running nice and cool at the ducts. Keeping my fingers crossed been about a week now ! I learned a bunch about how AC works so maybe a little good came out of this!

Smokie
Old 09-20-2007, 09:01 PM

2011 VW cc, 2004 ML350
That's really good to hear Smokie! Mine is also not leaking. We did the epoxy patch under vacuum like I said earlier, but I forgot my camera and din't get pics. Man it's nice to have a/c again. Haven't lost any refrigerant in a month! If you can get to your leak, I think this is a genuinely viable temporary solution. We'll see how long it lasts.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 E320 SE, 162,000 Miles (Sold)
Originally Posted by Smokiesman
Well my parts arrived and I got them installed! Expansion valve kind of a knuckle buster!! I vacuumed down the system for a good 2hrs!! Then I added a can of oil and installed the freon. So far so good ! running a nice clear glass on the drier and a cool sweaty suction line! Running nice and cool at the ducts. Keeping my fingers crossed been about a week now ! I learned a bunch about how AC works so maybe a little good came out of this!

Smokie
Added a can of oil? What happened to your original oil? Unless you replaced the compressor, it's still in there...