E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

sticky upholstery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e220 masterpiece
Smile sticky upholstery

guys,

Please bear with me here. Just got my masterpiece e220 yesterday. The car is great at handling, nice engine (though it is a bit hard to accelerate...underpower) but the interior sucks. I had a steering wheel that need to change, it comes with airbag. the gear knob is rotten leather, and there is some parts falling out.

I am writting to seek assitance, does anyone know what can I do to refresh the car interior? and will it cost me a bomb?

The car come with leather seats..too

By the way, anyone know about the button on the aircond panel, indicationg EC??

Thanks and appreciate on any suggestions.
regards...convroll
Old 08-07-2007, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 E320 SE, 162,000 Miles (Sold)
EC stands for "Economy". It disables the AC compressor. With the system in "Normal" (not EC) mode, the AC compressor will cycle to maintain about 46 deg. F air temp leaving the evaporator. The HVAC control system will then modulate the fan speed and heating valve/auxiliary pump to maintain comfort.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:08 PM

1994 E320 Dragon Wagon
Cool, I wondered if EC mode didn't use the A/C comp. The owners manual is a bit ambiguous with strange descriptions of system functions.

As far as interior stuff, check on-line for Euro or Luxury auto dismantling yards. Okay, snotty wreaking yards. They offer sweet used goodies if you land a color match.

The airbag is not your friend. Improper handling can detonate Mr. bag and stories of guys getting hurt are real. The dis-arm procedure must be absolutely followed before you wave a tool at the wheel. I'm thinking a black "wheelskins" leather lace-on for mine. The wheel scares me and I'm a pretty decent non-pro mechanic.

In my state if you alter factory equipment like install a trick non-airbag wheel and have an accident, the insurance companies will bug out. Don't need to see that movie.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
95 e320...sold the rest
honestly...i wouldnt even try to mess with the steering wheel unless you have it professionally done...then atleast it's on them haha