E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Neons... HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 03:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Neons... HELP!

G'day guys!

I have just aquired my licence about 3 months back and i have purchased a w124 E320. a white one. Its great. and it moves.

all points aside now i was wondering if someone could help me out here with a little information. I want to put neons in the interior of the car, up under the dash and under the seats.... could someone please tell me how to go about it? i mean yeah i can stick the damn things on ok on the passenger side.

But under the seats i was wondering if anyone had put some in their car in a specific location and it had worked really really well?

Under the Drivers side dash theres no room to put the neon without seeing it. and needless to say, you dont see neons. You put them so they glow without beeing seen.

Also under the seats are there any great places to put them? Any not so good places considering the electric seats?

And finally, where would i scab some 12v power from to run them all? The swtich is gunna go under the dash at the front, wher on the right there is a little indent thing and a switch fits nicely under there without it being seen. But there can i get the actual power from?

if anyone can help me with this... please let me know.

Thanks guys.

Illuminist
Old 08-09-2007, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
88-300CE TWIN TURBO, 99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB, 08 CLK63 BLACK SERIES
Originally Posted by Illuminist
G'day guys!

I have just aquired my licence about 3 months back and i have purchased a w124 E320. a white one. Its great. and it moves.

all points aside now i was wondering if someone could help me out here with a little information. I want to put neons in the interior of the car, up under the dash and under the seats.... could someone please tell me how to go about it? i mean yeah i can stick the damn things on ok on the passenger side.

But under the seats i was wondering if anyone had put some in their car in a specific location and it had worked really really well?

Under the Drivers side dash theres no room to put the neon without seeing it. and needless to say, you dont see neons. You put them so they glow without beeing seen.

Also under the seats are there any great places to put them? Any not so good places considering the electric seats?

And finally, where would i scab some 12v power from to run them all? The swtich is gunna go under the dash at the front, wher on the right there is a little indent thing and a switch fits nicely under there without it being seen. But there can i get the actual power from?

if anyone can help me with this... please let me know.

Thanks guys.

Illuminist
Not my taste

Easy to get + 12VDC from the cigarette lighter.
Ground you can make anywhere.
Neon draws low current, cigarette lighter hardly used, but you might want to calculate the neon current draw and install an inline fuse holder in the new circuit.