E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

paint tips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 03:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i now drive a ford p71 i also own a 1988 ford f150 lariat
paint tips

hay dose any one out here have any good tips for painting. im going to be repainting my car soon and id like to know if any one has some tips for me that might help me out a little. i do air brush work to im thinking of doing some odd stuff to my car with that. im going with a black paint job and have 2 weekends to knock it out. this paint job will not take place for about 1 or 2 more months
but any tips that could help would mean alot. im thinking of painting my chrome grill black and some other parts the paint job is free becuz im doing it with a friend at a place that will let us. im going to makeing new wood dash pices for my car soon when i go back to my metal shop class to and i hope to be makeing a new bunce of stuff in there to i might be makeing a metal dash to with acid etching in it O_O i do alot of work so i might be doing this i dont know i might just make metal inserts for where the wood went. i can do alot of sick stuff. but yeah paint is comeing soon very soon dose any one know how to get the emblems off the car with out hurting them.

Last edited by Rio Z Lander; 08-11-2007 at 03:35 AM.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:31 AM

kinda in a hurry sorry for any spelling stuff
Old 08-11-2007, 03:38 AM

lights im thinking of putting on my car
head lights
http://www.autodirectsave.com/prod/C...00E_500E/17608
tail lights
http://www.autodirectsave.com/prod/C...illights/12828
Old 08-11-2007, 02:37 PM

1994 E320 Dragon Wagon
If you looking for that style of lights for an older car I'd recommend you go on the cheap. This style is everywhere and available way cheaper. Guys mask and spray black semi-transparent paint on their taillights and they look identical.

Most Asian import lights are notorious for not being completely sealed so they fog or water gets in them when you wash the car. The wiring can be a bugger as the pin-outs can differ Euro - US. Things just don't quite fit. Then there is lamp adjustment where high end lights have a plus.

Here's the deal - it's hard to tell if a $200 headlight is not the same make as the $75 one on from another seller. Study those photos.

Shop carefully and with slight compromise you could do all corners right for under $300.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
Originally Posted by Rio Z Lander
hey i have those headlights same ones... they are pretty neat
Old 08-12-2007, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by White_Knuckles
If you looking for that style of lights for an older car I'd recommend you go on the cheap. This style is everywhere and available way cheaper. Guys mask and spray black semi-transparent paint on their taillights and they look identical.

Most Asian import lights are notorious for not being completely sealed so they fog or water gets in them when you wash the car. The wiring can be a bugger as the pin-outs can differ Euro - US. Things just don't quite fit. Then there is lamp adjustment where high end lights have a plus.

Here's the deal - it's hard to tell if a $200 headlight is not the same make as the $75 one on from another seller. Study those photos.

Shop carefully and with slight compromise you could do all corners right for under $300.
id do that but my tail lights are all kinds of f**k up and my lights right now hardly work at all. no they are nice lights and i love them and am takeing a class with electrical workings of a car so any things i run in to i can just do my self and the tail lights i dont care to much ive done the tint thing many times for my friends cars
Old 08-12-2007, 02:23 AM

as for paint on my car in going to be painting it black and putting metal flake on it witch is long strips of metal flakes gold silver read green and other things like that. you see it alot on old hot rods it is very nice and looks sick. there will be air brushing on the car as well and alot of other things. along with im switching out the 260 insides with the 500e and im taking out the motor and putting in a 500e v8 trany drive shaft and rear. then a fiberglass dash with wood trim i know how to do this all but it will be about 2 years before it is all done along with custom tags that say ZLNADER customs on it. this will be a big project and after i will have every one who had a hand in the car sign the car on the dash board i love this car alot you could say i might put a good spekers in it and maybe a sub box. might put in a sub box im not in to the hole boom boom stuff with my music i only play metal hard rock and free form jazz.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by berti_00
hey i have those headlights same ones... they are pretty neat
did you have to do any thing to them to get them to work right.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:42 AM

2001 BMW M3 vert
I highly suggest saving your $, sell or take your car to the junker and use that $ to buy a newer, cleaner, lower mileage W124
Old 08-12-2007, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
95 e320...sold the rest
you can get headlights just like those on ebay for way cheaper...and those tail lights...

as for the paint...block it out forsure so you dont wind up with orange peel looking paint
Old 08-13-2007, 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by BrabusBenz300E
I highly suggest saving your $, sell or take your car to the junker and use that $ to buy a newer, cleaner, lower mileage W124
not to be a jurk but my car is only worth 300 bucks im not rich i have about 25 cents to my name and that i found on the street today and im out of work and in college. im only 20years old every thing i have i worked hard for.i still live at home im going to college for art and auto and hope to open up my own car shop for making custom cars. i got a good back ground on working with cars but i do plan to buy a car 1st before i do any major work on my car. im going for a truck lug around all the stuff for the 260e id rather give my car new life then sell it for junk metal i love this car to much it has been in the family for about 11 years so it means alot to me more than alot of people will know. also i do not trust ebay. i have my reasons like loosing 300 bucks
i am also fighting a loosing battle with bad knees and might need to go in for surgery and that will cost me around 30 to 60 thousand that price is only becuz i have a bad back hip shoulder neck and other things. i was in a bad car crash the same car i own got t-boned by a car doing 90mph if it was not for this car being built like a tank id be dead or in a chair for the rest of my life so i feel like i must do some thing for the car to give it new life.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:11 AM

not to be a jurk but my car is only worth 300 bucks im not rich i have about 25 cents to my name and that i found on the street today and im out of work and in college. im only 20years old every thing i have i worked hard for.i still live at home im going to college for art and auto and hope to open up my own car shop for making custom cars. i got a good back ground on working with cars but i do plan to buy a car 1st before i do any major work on my car. im going for a truck lug around all the stuff for the 260e id rather give my car new life then sell it for junk metal i love this car to much it has been in the family for about 11 years so it means alot to me more than alot of people will know. also i do not trust ebay. i have my reasons like loosing 300 bucks
i am also fighting a loosing battle with bad knees and might need to go in for surgery and that will cost me around 30 to 60 thousand that price is only becuz i have a bad back hip shoulder neck and other things. i was in a bad car crash the same car i own got t-boned by a car doing 90mph if it was not for this car being built like a tank id be dead or in a chair for the rest of my life so i feel like i must do some thing for the car to give it new life.
that crash was about 5 or 6 years ago but the car did save my life
Old 08-13-2007, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
did you have to do any thing to them to get them to work right.
no they are just plug and play.. except that you have to figure out the wiring diagram PINS thats about it
Old 08-14-2007, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by berti_00
no they are just plug and play.. except that you have to figure out the wiring diagram PINS thats about it
oh sweet thats a good thing but again dose any one have any cool advice for paint.
like should i paint the grill or rims maybe the bumpers i dont know. im kinda at a loss on this part i know im going to paint the rims that are on the car tell i get better ones. im going with a black and red on the car with air brush and some metal flake and some gold flake in some parts but as for what to paint im at a loss. i want the car to have a nice look kinda clean cut to it but still looks kinda like the car would eat you a live if you try ed to race it. to day i beat a few muscle cars and a some imports and one ferrari off the line but he past me after 5 seconds. im thinking i might leave the bumpers alone becuz im switching alot of stuff over on this car im puting a body kit on down the road and a wing. id also like to know will the 500e bumpers and fenders fit on my car im also later down the road going to make fender flairs when i get better at body work.