E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

running better

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i now drive a ford p71 i also own a 1988 ford f150 lariat
running better

yeah i got my car running better last night. i worked on my cars timming for about 2 hours and cleand out alot of dirt,and other things from the plugs and did some other things to. my next step it to clean the battery posts there so nasy looking. so that will i hope help it get a better charge. but my car did run better this morning. i was not to confident about my work. i just kinda did the work and hoped the car would start in the morning. most of the work i did i did out of a auto book i have left over from my class. im happy with the what i did. i was kinda pissed off that night when i get pissed off i work on or drive my car.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Almost a Member!

E320
good job man, it takes ***** to work on these things, i just pulled the air pump out of my car and replaced it with a shorter belt because the pump seized, and i was so happy to see it start.

i just replaced my central locking pump with a pick and pull special and was relieved to see my locks function again.

it's the best feeling ever.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:33 PM

Mercedes benz 1991 300ce(RIP), now an 89 300ce
Originally Posted by jlink38

i just replaced my central locking pump with a pick and pull special and was relieved to see my locks function again.
jlink, exactly what do you mean by this and what did this accomplish...as of right now my locks only work individually. my pump works but i think i have a leak somewhere along the line in my hoses...so now the entire system is effed up
Old 09-27-2007, 12:12 AM
Almost a Member!

E320
Originally Posted by crr1612
jlink, exactly what do you mean by this and what did this accomplish...as of right now my locks only work individually. my pump works but i think i have a leak somewhere along the line in my hoses...so now the entire system is effed up

basically what happened was that my car sat in the street and it rained hard and somehow my sunroof opened by itself as well as one window in the back and water got into my locking pump and burned it out. i had to individually lock each door manually.

today i was at a pick and pull with my brother looking for a hood for his car when i spotted an early 90s 300e so i ripped the back seat off and to my surprise an unadulterated locking pump. i knew the guy had no idea what it was so i brought over the plastic box and offered $10. he took it.

if the locks only work individually, with no pump action, then you need a new pump. my doors worked with the key, but only for that door and locking/unlocking one of the front doors didn't lock/unlock all of the doors.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:20 PM

i now drive a ford p71 i also own a 1988 ford f150 lariat
Originally Posted by jlink38
basically what happened was that my car sat in the street and it rained hard and somehow my sunroof opened by itself as well as one window in the back and water got into my locking pump and burned it out. i had to individually lock each door manually.

today i was at a pick and pull with my brother looking for a hood for his car when i spotted an early 90s 300e so i ripped the back seat off and to my surprise an unadulterated locking pump. i knew the guy had no idea what it was so i brought over the plastic box and offered $10. he took it.

if the locks only work individually, with no pump action, then you need a new pump. my doors worked with the key, but only for that door and locking/unlocking one of the front doors didn't lock/unlock all of the doors.
well lucky you. i need to open up my doors and lube the locks and rods that push and pull the windows up and down. they make odd sounds some times same for door locks. then i got to rip the wood out of the dash to i have to sand it down and paint it and see if i can save it.