E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Minor SLS-accumulator screwup...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Minor SLS-accumulator screwup...

I completed the installation of the accumulators on my 1989 300te...all kinks and quirks worked out. BUT...I thought the fluid is supposed to be darkish brown...so, having lost about 1 liter, I just bought new stuff and upon filling the canister, I saw that the new fluid is clear...that means: I just added a liter of expensive new fluid to the old stuff. My neurosis says that I should dump all the fluid now and start new... DO I HAVE TO?
If so, can I just detatch the line on the top of the fill canasiter, add fluid to the canister, run engine, and wait for the old stuff to come out of the line that feeds the canister? Instead of running the line into the canister, it would dump into a container... As the canister gets low, I would add fluid until the stuff coming out of the line is clear....
Old 11-15-2007, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Yes, you could put in new fluid like the way you described. My car takes a few of them blue cans, yours is prolly the same. Do it for peace of mind but I really don't think you have to worry.

The stuff from MB is sorts brownish to begin with though.