E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

WTF this is messed up

Old 01-19-2008, 02:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i now drive a ford p71 i also own a 1988 ford f150 lariat
Angry WTF this is messed up

as you all know i work hard to keep my car running and driving nice im under the hood 2 or 3 times a week to tune or fix things on my car to help it run better and keep things from braking. i have been taking alot of photos and keeping them as documentation of my work. to day is the last straw im sick of this S@#T. posted a little thing to help my running rich problem some one gave me a photo of what part i need to look at and work on to maybe fix this
here is a photo + 2 of mine on my car notice some thing is broken

well theres nothing i can do to fix it. i found it is broken a chunk has been smashed right off it. i can see tool marking on it. it seems i was right. this autobahn west shop has done all the work on my car and i am finding more and more of there work is S&%T. i think there are one of those shops that brake parts and scam people out of money. this pisses me off. how can these people get away with this work braking stuff on car that could cause injury to the driver or others around it i am not going to stand for this i have all the records of there work done to my car. i will be checking it with photos i will be taking of the parts replaced such as brake pads the leaking trany all of it they are going down. i will not stand for this
Old 01-19-2008, 03:21 AM

sorry this just pisses me off!!!! i love this car i work on it every day i get a chance. most the time im looking for a job. i need the cash to go farther in the auto classes at the college. on a sad note i will be leaving the MB world for some time and the internet (monday i start this) i will tell more why i will be leaving on monday
Old 01-19-2008, 03:48 AM

2000 ML430
When I had problems with a shop in SacofTomatoes which swapped some cheap parts for the expensive ones I brought them to install, I called the BAR. Those goes have some serious power with the shops. Within the day that BAR told me they'd contact the shop, they 'found' the parts I brought in, removed the parts they installed 'by accident' and then refunded me all my money.

If you think the shop is crap and ripping people off, I feel it's your duty to report them. Bad shops need to die.

Sorry you are having so many problems. My first benz was a 260E. Right around 170,000 I had the tranny go out, but the repair was not overwhelmingly expensive. Then it started to mysteriously lose power from time to time.

Next I had an ML320. Good car for the most part but kept tossing O2 CEL's around the 70,000 mark. Got it fixed, then it had that really expensive ASR/ESP ABS pump problem. Traded it in at the MBZ dealer. My next W124 had the same mystery power loss problem that started to appear just before the 200,000 mile mark. Next was the 500E which was flawless until the reverse gaveup at 132,000 mile ($900 to fix that - all new trans seals and 1st/reverse clutch pack).

They can be tricky beasts, that's for sure. Good luck with school.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by DCarrera
When I had problems with a shop in SacofTomatoes which swapped some cheap parts for the expensive ones I brought them to install, I called the BAR. Those goes have some serious power with the shops. Within the day that BAR told me they'd contact the shop, they 'found' the parts I brought in, removed the parts they installed 'by accident' and then refunded me all my money.

If you think the shop is crap and ripping people off, I feel it's your duty to report them. Bad shops need to die.

Sorry you are having so many problems. My first benz was a 260E. Right around 170,000 I had the tranny go out, but the repair was not overwhelmingly expensive. Then it started to mysteriously lose power from time to time.

Next I had an ML320. Good car for the most part but kept tossing O2 CEL's around the 70,000 mark. Got it fixed, then it had that really expensive ASR/ESP ABS pump problem. Traded it in at the MBZ dealer. My next W124 had the same mystery power loss problem that started to appear just before the 200,000 mile mark. Next was the 500E which was flawless until the reverse gaveup at 132,000 mile ($900 to fix that - all new trans seals and 1st/reverse clutch pack).

They can be tricky beasts, that's for sure. Good luck with school.
thanks i dont think there is much that can be done. my car has been in for the tranny leak to many times. same for the brakes. but i have the part list done by this shop it goes back to then we got the car back in 98. it happens. i am happy i found such a great place with such great people i can get help from about my car.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 E320 SE, 162,000 Miles (Sold)
What is broken? I can't tell what you're referring to.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:19 AM

2011 E350 4 Matic,1994 C220,1965 Mustang, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600
If you are referring to the tubular tower on the fuel distributor, then that is what you do to access the screw to adjust the Lambda or fuel mixture. It is sealed at the factory. There is a replacement tower which you can put on after adjusting the mixture but the if it needs to be adjusted later you have to cut the new one as well. Better to cut the top off as has been done and leave it open for further adjustments. It is similiar to what GM did with thier carbs back in the day. The "broken" part is called a lambda tower. Replacing it would just be an added expense as the adjustment will have to more than likely be performed again later. Proves to me that at one time an adjustment was neccesary.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:35 AM

yeah but it still sucks. i have 2 months tell my car can not be driven 135 buck registration and i got 1 cent to my name. Monday i start the job looking witch means i will be on line almost never tell i get a job or sell my car. i hope not selling my car it is only worth 500bucks woo i can pay the 230 i ow my dad and buy a yugo the car no one wants
Old 01-20-2008, 10:04 AM

03 ML500
my 260E was having problems stalling yesterday....and last night went to take the 96 E320 out and got stuck in a parking lot at 9pm when it was 10 degrees out....good thing for AAA and free towing
but yeah, I understand your frustration
Old 01-22-2008, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by carlson03
my 260E was having problems stalling yesterday....and last night went to take the 96 E320 out and got stuck in a parking lot at 9pm when it was 10 degrees out....good thing for AAA and free towing
but yeah, I understand your frustration
well it is not just that im looking hard for a job. the job looking is not going good i got a few people saying that they will call me tuseday or wendsday i have heard it before normaly they do not call me back. i hope i get called back soon. the sooner i get called and get a job the better. i will have money to get tires and save up for the motor i will buy for auto shop.