E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

help with ignition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 12:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 e320
help with ignition

I need help with my 94 e320 , started the car placed it in neutral turned it off left the key in the ignition, placed the bolts on the carlsson (finally found the right size thanks for the forum,was able to buy it in ezaccessory) went back in to start the car to put it back to park engine won't turn, abs srs lights on everything except a buzzing sound in the main relay box, I tried locking and unlocking the doors and trunk, still no turning, noticed the fuel and temp gauge won't go up but everything is working(radio a/c ,temp fans) called in my mechanic to check the nss which was just replaced by PO a few months back,jump the start it turned(starter is ok) we went inside the hood check all fuses and relay seems fine visually), I need some help guys, I just installed the coolant sensor Ch92 yesterday, and ran the car I was happy with the temp and auxiliary fan seems to turn on ok, (this could have not made the glitch on the ignition problem do you?, thanks in advance
Old 03-10-2008, 01:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 Lexus GS350 AWD. 08 Lexus RX350 AWD - wife's. 94 MBZ E320 - still have it.
Try starting it in neutral, or wiggle the shifter while the key is in the "starter" position. Could be the "new" neutral safety switch going out.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:04 AM

1994 e320
Originally Posted by Arnie
Try starting it in neutral, or wiggle the shifter while the key is in the "starter" position. Could be the "new" neutral safety switch going out.
I tied it in neutral wiggled it still no turning it's that buzzing sound seems like a grounded connection inside the main relay box took out the relay for the lights the big black relay sound came off , i will try to figure out something with the alarm , maybe?, thanks man!
Old 03-11-2008, 12:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 Lexus GS350 AWD. 08 Lexus RX350 AWD - wife's. 94 MBZ E320 - still have it.
Carefully inspect all the fuses. Sometimes a fuse developes a hairline crack and then the electrical system acts weird. The first clue of the fuse problem is usually a humming or buzzing sound from the fuse panel.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:01 AM

1994 e320
Originally Posted by Arnie
Carefully inspect all the fuses. Sometimes a fuse developes a hairline crack and then the electrical system acts weird. The first clue of the fuse problem is usually a humming or buzzing sound from the fuse panel.
thanks for the help, it was a bad connection onthe fuse box the ata module behind the instrument cluster tripped off and made one of the coonectors on the fuse box go bad good thing I had a thread on the benzworld printed and that is exactly what happened, everything is all ok again time to go on with my carlssons and suspension upgrade, thanks a lot man!