E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Help with reading codes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 E320
Help with reading codes

I have a 94 E320 and the Check Engine light is on. I checked the error code and the red light blinks 2 times. I looked up on this web blog and found error code list but don't know which one to use. The car is pre OBDII that much I know. Following the instructions I had shorted pin 1 and 8 with ingnition off then turn the ignition on and pushed and held the little button next to the red LED light on the diagnostic plug. Does that tell anyone which system I have and which list I should use. Code 2, depending which list to follow, is either Engine coolant temperature sensor or O2 sensor. I've replaced O2 sensor about a year ago, so I'm hopping it's not that one. But I'm even more confused aobut Engine coolant temp sensor. Is that the one in the thermostat housing? And if it is faulty why does the engine temp indicator is working on the speedomertor console? or is it using some other sensor? If that's the one in the thermostat housing, can I check it using Ohm meter, does anyone know the Ohm readings for cold engine and hot engine? Please, help. Thank you in advance.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:01 AM
yay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.troublecodes.net/MB/
use the second chart.

looks like your code is an o2