E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Starting a new project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
95 e320...sold the rest
Starting a new project

So I'm not sure what I want to do with the car as of right now. I'm either going to decide to keep it low-profile and just a cruiser, or turn it into an all-out drift car.

But then again, I have a LS1 at my shop, and was thinking about buying a 190e and dropping that bad boy in there and turning that into a drifter. I have a shop that would love to do the custom work, as long as they get the chance to put their name on the car.

I've been drifting a little over 2 years now in my 240sx that I recently had to sell for college expenses. And now that I'm going to community college because I'm an idiot...I have some more extra cash lying around. I guess I could buy another 240, but I want something european that will turn heads. So that's why I was thinking about the 190, or even a late 80's 3 series.

Any ideas on what it should be? I know you performance-junkies out there will help me out on this, but I just don't know where to start with the new car.

All help will be appreciated!!
Old 05-23-2008, 05:49 PM

1994 E320 (current)
Originally Posted by STLe320
So I'm not sure what I want to do with the car as of right now. I'm either going to decide to keep it low-profile and just a cruiser, or turn it into an all-out drift car.

But then again, I have a LS1 at my shop, and was thinking about buying a 190e and dropping that bad boy in there and turning that into a drifter. I have a shop that would love to do the custom work, as long as they get the chance to put their name on the car.

I've been drifting a little over 2 years now in my 240sx that I recently had to sell for college expenses. And now that I'm going to community college because I'm an idiot...I have some more extra cash lying around. I guess I could buy another 240, but I want something european that will turn heads. So that's why I was thinking about the 190, or even a late 80's 3 series.

Any ideas on what it should be? I know you performance-junkies out there will help me out on this, but I just don't know where to start with the new car.

All help will be appreciated!!
If you want something very unique that is cheap to acquire and has very good stance for drifting look into a Merkur XR4Ti (rally, rear wheel drive, 4cly, turbo, inner cooled)
(this one is a good starter)
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e=&cardist=291

If you want easy go with a 90-94 M3 as they are fairly cheap to purchase and you can mod the crap out of them. If you want classic then go get a 70's datsun Z or Mazda RX7 (rotary 7port) and set it up for drift. There are so many options that have the ability to be sent drifting. I personally like having something that not many people have. It makes people notice when a car is rare.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lots of cars
I was gonna start on a datsun 510 sr20det turbo project for a friend but i would like to see a ls1 on such a small car....
Old 05-23-2008, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 BMW M3 vert
Save your money for school/living expenses...going to be some tough times the next few years!
Old 05-24-2008, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lots of cars
I think the next years are gonna be hard on those who only have careers. Look at it as an investment...If you can sell the LS1 and have even more money well sell it...If you have extra money and really want it..go for it while you can..
Old 05-24-2008, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 e320...sold the rest
Well my dad's paying for my college, and I'll be living with my mom (which might as well be one of my friends)

So I won't have the standard living expenses, and I'll have 2 jobs. So I think I might just get a 190 and drop the turbo'd LS1 in there
Old 05-24-2008, 11:01 PM

1994 E320 (current)
Originally Posted by STLe320
Well my dad's paying for my college, and I'll be living with my mom (which might as well be one of my friends)

So I won't have the standard living expenses, and I'll have 2 jobs. So I think I might just get a 190 and drop the turbo'd LS1 in there
There is a guy online who put an LS1 in a 240sx. That might get the both of best worlds. Plus it is a bit lighter than the 190. Here is the link. It seems quite a few guys have done this so there is probably some info out there for you.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-VGOkgOBgCg