E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Different Management or LPG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W124
Different Management or LPG

I've had my W124 for 1 1/2 years now and love it but now it needs some attention
I have a 300E 12v thats been got a Mosselman twin turbo kit on it.
The problem is the original piggyback ecu dosent seem to work properly any more and the car misfires on any hard acceleration but if you do it gradually it dosent with it plugged in no matter how it's adjusted.
The car drives fine and starts fine but runs lean so i can go over 3,000rpm
Mosselman can't supply me one so whats the best solution
I know Sir RBYCC uses an aftermarket split fire system and I have also seen another on here but don't know how it's fueled.
I can get a good deal on DTA or Emerald engine managment ECU's around (400GBP) but as the car has Bosch-k jet things are going to be expensive to convert to injectors, i,e labour for having the cylinder head removed and machined for injectors (250GBP) and then put back together-about (500GBP). I need a new turbo as one of the seals has gone and a rebuild is (400GBP) 1500-2000 overall.
The price of fuel here in england is 1.19GBP per litre for 97RON fuel and LPG is 49p a litre and is 115RON so getting gas is on the cards i'm just not sure if the vapouriser can be set up stop the car running lean under boost
LPG installation costs 1000GBP for the full conversion
Which is the best route? shes been under her cover for 3 months now need her back
I need to change my keyboard settings to find the pounds sign sorry for the GBPS's

Last edited by Mosselmann; 06-30-2008 at 04:57 PM.