E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

good news

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 04:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i now drive a ford p71 i also own a 1988 ford f150 lariat
good news

well i got some very good news it seems that my car is not a total loss.
i got to the mb tech shop that i wanted to go to and they charged me 70 bucks for a diagnostic. i went to the mall came back 2 hours later. the mb tech told me that my motor runs very well and theres no need to get the timing fixed. down side.
my fuel distributor is shot and is dumping gas in my motor makeing it run to rich
witch is making it run rough and not pass smog. this is very good news to me. the only thing he told me to do is to get my cats looked at. all the gas that is not being burnt might of killed my cat. no price quote becuz the part shops are closed T_T but i will be calling monday to get my quote. im so happy
Old 07-06-2008, 11:04 AM
RHW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
94 Wagon and 94 Cabriolet
WoW
That is great,
now you can put back the passenger seat, hood, doors, trunklid, lights, stereo and all!!

Who would EVER have thought that the fuel consumption problem was a problem in the fuel system? Great idea to take it in for the diagnostic. I bet they were all impressed with the weight loss project, and of course, your old teacher's new spark plugs.

Now keep in mind I like ya and have not been the only one amused by the need to lose weight thread.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lots of cars
Buy a fuel distributor on ebay because mb will charge you about a grand for a new one...
Old 07-07-2008, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by YNVDIZW124
Buy a fuel distributor on ebay because mb will charge you about a grand for a new one...
now why would i ever buy any thing from BENZ . i found a place online that has a new one for 420$

oh i put the stuff back in my car last week i manly did that so i could clean my seats and fix the passenger side seat witch would not move. it moves now but only kinda sorta its broken
Old 07-07-2008, 07:55 PM

well the mb tech place i went to called and toled me it would cost me about 3k
when i tould him i found a web site that had one for about 420.63$ he toled me to go for it bring the car by and they would do the work to it 90$ labor time T_T
but i trust them better then any other shop
Old 07-08-2008, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
I feel like you use this forum as your personal blog and I feel that is rather annoying.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:27 AM

okay but you all kinda do the same thing with what ever mods you make to your cars and you all talk about how cool you think it looks. or what next thing your going to do

you will not see me on here any more for a long time if ever
my benz just blew a head gasket and the transmission along with the wiring harness. so im getting rid of it taking out a lone and getting another car :smash when it did this the motor cut out and every thing locked up
i went off the road and in to some bushes and in to a ditch and messed up the rear wheels and riped the muffler off

it runs kinda blows smoke its done. RIP family friend

THANKS
TO EVERY ONE WHO TRIED TO HELP
your help was much appreciated
Old 07-09-2008, 05:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
Princess Drama, your Queen beckons.....
Old 07-09-2008, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by ZorroAMG
Princess Drama, your Queen beckons.....
well i bet it will be good for you that ill be gone. now you can reserve your brain power of 1st grade insults for the rest of the members

look Zorro i don't know what your problem is with me but you need to get over your self i don't under stand why you come of as such a douchebag all the time

i look up to you a lot you got a grate acting career a good job and a sick car
and you are lucky to have those things. as for me im just beginning in the world. and im kinda new to to adult hood

and all this is new to me. i don't really know how to balance my life or money.
and i my not seem to be to smart to a lot of you but that only becuz you dont know me in life as a person

and all i can say is that you are right i am not ready for a benz it is just to big of a responsibility for some one like me but i will tell you i will never stop at my dream of working on cars.

i think my benz has shown me a lot of things but most of all that i really love working on cars even tho i could not fix it and have to give up i now have to confidence to go back to auto and finish my training and start with a new car and a new love for life and more respect for the career i have chosen.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1994 E320 (current)
Originally Posted by Rio Z Lander
well i bet it will be good for you that ill be gone. now you can reserve your brain power of 1st grade insults for the rest of the members

look Zorro i don't know what your problem is with me but you need to get over your self i don't under stand why you come of as such a douchebag all the time

and you are lucky to have those things. as for me im just beginning in the world. and im kinda new to to adult hood

and i my not seem to be to smart to a lot of you but that only becuz you dont know me in life as a person

and all i can say is that you are right i am not ready for a benz it is just to big of a responsibility for some one like me but i will tell you i will never stop at my dream of working on cars.

i think my benz has shown me a lot of things but most of all that i really love working on cars even tho i could not fix it and have to give up i now have to confidence to go back to auto and finish my training and start with a new car and a new love for life and more respect for the career i have chosen.
Sorry to hear we won't have you around any more Z. Bummer about the car also. Hey take lightly the stuff people say around here. It is very easy to talk about things when you dont have to look the person in the face and get an immediate and personal response. Most all of us have enjoyed your posts and trying to help you out when we can. I have been in your position in life so I can respect it as most here can. Good luck with everything you have going and drop us a post from time to time.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by GEDaggett
Sorry to hear we won't have you around any more Z. Bummer about the car also. Hey take lightly the stuff people say around here. It is very easy to talk about things when you dont have to look the person in the face and get an immediate and personal response. Most all of us have enjoyed your posts and trying to help you out when we can. I have been in your position in life so I can respect it as most here can. Good luck with everything you have going and drop us a post from time to time.
well i did not mean to come off as a a$$ there
but i really do respect Zorro a lot it takes hard work to get where he is

i will drop a line on what kinda car i get and a photo of it
Old 07-09-2008, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
Originally Posted by Rio Z Lander

LOL I am not a douchebag, well ok maybe a little, but I am simply stating what most people are thinking. I commend you for trying and you seem like a good kid, it's just that most of your posts (and that ridiculous sig quote with terrible grammar) seem like you are whoring for attention.

This is NOT an online extension of highschool, it is an informative forum. The occasional rants are fine but pity parties are so 7th grade.

Keep your head up, work hard, concentrate on your education, take the TIME to spell check and grammar check your posts and anything you write and more respect will be given, knowing that you respect yourself enough to TRY and to learn.

[/parenting]
Old 07-09-2008, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 117 Likes on 75 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
Good luck RIO maybe someday you will get another benz

ohh and dont listen to zorro lol next time i see him i'll kick his ***

Last edited by berti_00; 07-09-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by berti_00
Good luck RIO maybe someday you will get another benz

ohh and dont listen to zorro lol next time i see him i'll kick his ***
well he is right. spell check would help me a bit. but the true part is i love to talk a lot. so im a bit long winded when i don't mean to be
Old 07-09-2008, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 E320 SE, 162,000 Miles (Sold)
I was going to say that leaning out the mixture by adjusting your fuel distributor would help a lot, if not solve the rich running problem completely. Can you give details on your head gasket, tranny, and wiring harness? What happened? That's strange and rare for all of that to happen so suddenly. Major bummer!
Old 07-10-2008, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by shdoug
I was going to say that leaning out the mixture by adjusting your fuel distributor would help a lot, if not solve the rich running problem completely. Can you give details on your head gasket, tranny, and wiring harness? What happened? That's strange and rare for all of that to happen so suddenly. Major bummer!
well my oil pressure reads not
and oil light is on. my car reads -0 for temp. and it is now leaching every where i go. theres a butt ton of smoke coming out from the oil cap when i take it of and a fairly large puddle of oil and tranny fluid under my car. the ditch kinda killed my oil pan. as far as i know i stopped caring and only add fluid to keep it running to work and home. *sigh* but i got the front speekers out and will post picks of them for you all

the new ones i had in the car

Old 07-10-2008, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 E320 SE, 162,000 Miles (Sold)
It sounds repairable if the engine still turns, but I don't think it's worth fixing. Good luck getting a car loan in the states. I hear credit is hard to come by these days.

I would leave the 1973 280SE alone, FWIW.

Last edited by shdoug; 07-10-2008 at 09:56 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1987 560SL
Good luck Rio.

Get another 'Benz soon!
Old 07-11-2008, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by 190E 16V
Good luck Rio.

Get another 'Benz soon!
well it turns over and runs...........sorta. i might throw it in storage and work on it little by little

the lone is from my dad he feels bad about it he gave the car and knows how hard i worked on the car only to be let down like this he wants me to by some thing i want. it will take me 7 months to pay him back. but some thing that will last a few years. i got a few cars lined up but will not say what they are but there all before 1975 so Smog exempt. il post pics when i get the car i want
Old 07-11-2008, 05:09 AM

ill miss the car gave it a good run for the money