E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

New here.. Need some help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 E320 Wagon
New here.. Need some help.

Hi, Just wanted to say hey and Just bought a 1994 E320 wagon.. I checked out a few things with the car and had a few questions. maybe you guys can shed some light on them or point me in the right direction... It has just over 100K on it and paid 2300 bucks for it.. and most everything works well. When the Car runs..1)I hear a low hiss towards the back... Hydrolic suspension? 2) Also When I adjusted the Telescoping wheel.. it came out and... lol ...stayed out. Wouldnt work both ways.. just adjusted all the way out and that was that... dosnt even try to retract. switch maybe? 3) Power locks... I realize these are vacuum powered..when i lock each door they lock individually.. however no vacuum pump noises, so in essence, each lock works like a manual lock. 4) Also.. What is the best place to order parts online?.. Thanks a lot for your help in adavance!

Tim
Old 07-09-2008, 07:44 PM

1991 300 CE
Originally Posted by timsvt
Hi, Just wanted to say hey and Just bought a 1994 E320 wagon.. I checked out a few things with the car and had a few questions. maybe you guys can shed some light on them or point me in the right direction... It has just over 100K on it and paid 2300 bucks for it.. and most everything works well. When the Car runs..1)I hear a low hiss towards the back... Hydrolic suspension? 2) Also When I adjusted the Telescoping wheel.. it came out and... lol ...stayed out. Wouldnt work both ways.. just adjusted all the way out and that was that... dosnt even try to retract. switch maybe? 3) Power locks... I realize these are vacuum powered..when i lock each door they lock individually.. however no vacuum pump noises, so in essence, each lock works like a manual lock. 4) Also.. What is the best place to order parts online?.. Thanks a lot for your help in adavance!

Tim
timsvt, I am new here too, but I found this really cool place to order parts.. I got my front and rear disks, along with my pads for very cheap. It can not hurt to look at them.. here is the link. www.autohausaz.com
Their prices are very low compared to the dealer and most of the parts are OE

Last edited by ociriszues; 07-10-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:47 PM

a TVR Cerbera Speed Twelve
welcome, i think the hiss you are hearing might be coming from the fuel pumps.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1994 E320 (current)
Rockauto.com for most mechanical parts has good prices if you don't mind reman parts.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:18 AM

i now drive a ford p71 i also own a 1988 ford f150 lariat
Originally Posted by ociriszues
timsvt, I am new here too, but I found this really cool place to order parts.. I got my front and rear disks, along with my pads for very cheap. It can not not hurt to look at them.. here is the link. www.autohausaz.com
Their prices are very low compared to the dealer and most of the parts are OE
thank you very good place to find good low cost parts for this car