E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

300E 2.6 91 for sale Los Angeles 25mpgHwy!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
90 300E, 03 E55 Black designo, 06 IWC CLS55
Thumbs up 300E 2.6 91 for sale Los Angeles 25mpgHwy!

Hi guys i am moving back to London and so Im selling my 300E 2.6 91 with so many repairs for really cheap. Only reason its really cheap is because I have not left enough time to advertise it and generate interest. Here is the craigslist listing contents and the link also. By the way it just passed the Smog and I have the certificate. Also just renewed the tags this week so its up and ready for the new buyer. The only reason Im advertising it here is because I know I can find a buyer who will appreciate all the repairs and the great mechanical condition the car is in. The exterior is not great compared to my 300E AMG in London (that one is mint!). It has scratches, little bumps and a bit of oxidation. Mind you I dint do any of it as ive only owned it for 4 months, but repaired so much because I like to be thorough.
Anyway check it out, I was looking at 2800 but now, due to time constraints its at $2400 including the new rebuilt transmission with a receipt for $1600!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/814878028.html

Mercedes 300E 2.6 1991 for sale.
Excellent running condition with many recent repairs done already, so you dont have to!
Approx 172k miles, all on the freeway back and forth to San Diego and up north to SF.
Warranty is on the receipt for the newly rebuilt transmission. It is for 2 years and was done in February this year. Receipt will be given to new owner of course. List of repairs include:
-NEW REBUILT TRANSMISSION
-NEW ALTERNATOR
-NEW VOLTAGE REGULATOR
-UPPER TIMING COVER GASKET
-LOWER TIMING COVER GASKET
-NEW CAMSHAFT COVER GASKET
-NEW CAMSHAFT SEAL
-NEW OIL PAN GASKET
-NEW OIL CAP AND COOLANT CAP
-NEW RADIATOR -NEW SERPENTINE BELT

Also the recent service/tune up included:
-NEW BOSCH PLATINUM SPARK PLUGS
-NEW BOSCH DISTRIBUTOR CAP
-NEW BOSCH DISTRIBUTOR ROTOR ARM
-NEW BOSCH IGNITION LEADS
-COOLANT SYSTEM FLUSH AND ENGINE FLUSH
-NEW FRONT BRAKE PADS
-OIL CHANGE (VALVOLINE) AND FILTER CHANGE (BOSCH)
-NEW THERMOSTAT AND THERMOSTAT HOUSING
-NEW BOSCH FUEL FILTER -POWER STEERING SYSTEM CLEANED OUT AND NEW OIL AND FILTER INSTALLED
This car has benefitted from regular oil changes every 2500-300 miles. And because of the recent repairs the oil was changed twice in the space of less than 1000 miles.

I personally fill it with 91 gas (its worth the few pennies more) and I have consistently got 25mpg on the freeway and 20mpg in the city. I always have 10w40 premium oil in the engine and this aids the fuel efficiency.

Tires all have at least 3/4 of life left on them and will last thousands of miles.

The car is in good physical condition with no major dents, just scratches that were on the car when I bought it. There is slight oxidation also on the trunk and on the roof. Paint has faded on an area of the drivers side front wing. However when the car is clean it looks very presentable for sure. This is a very strong reliable car that has absolutely no oil leaks anywhere, (all that was taken care of with a great deal of expense and time). I really do not want to sell it but Im going back to London, England where I have another 300E waiting for me also.

The colour is known as anthracite gray, a very classy colour. The interior is gray leather.

It also benefits from updated front corner lights and updated rear light clusters.

Smog test passed today with DMV Certificate. Tags have also been renewed today also. Ready to be transferred to lucky new owner.

This car is also equpped with a CD player that plays MP3s also.

Also has tinted windows

I am looking for $2450 or a very close offer. This extremely reliable and classy car is going for dirt cheap because Im moving back to London, England and I have left it really late to have sufficient advertising time. I guess if it doesnt sell I'll give it to my niece as a college gift!

My number is 818-657 9952.

Thank you for loooking and have a great day!

SAM
Old 08-29-2008, 12:38 PM

Exclamation

PRICE DROP##########

Yes 2199 USD is the price Im moving back to London ( where Im from) and the flight is the middle of next week. At this price Im guessing there will be a lot of interest. I wish I could come accross a great deal like this for just once in my life, Im always paying the regular prices!

Here is the new craigslist ad:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/817765766.html
Old 09-01-2008, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

if only i had seen this before.
no way i can get money to you by midweek. ING holds onto it and takes 3-4 days to transfer.

dammit.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:19 PM

By the way Im back in London now with my baby w124
I sold the car about 6.5 hours before my flight. To a wonderful lady in Burbank. She just took it for a spin and without telling me she just pulled up to her bank went in and came back with all the money! She was so happy with the mechanical condition that she didnt even feel the need to do further tests. She is a lovely lady and I am so happy that I sold it to her, because she deserves a good turn (suffering from cancer).
I only wish that one day when I am looking for a great bargain I can come across one like the one I sold! The very same thing happened with my 1995 S Class, with so may repairs and genuine AMG mods I sold it for peanuts due to my circumstances but once again to a very cool guy who happened to be an enthusiast too. All in all i lost a total of £19,000 on that car ($38,000 USD) through depreciation, repairs, mods). But I guess its not losing when its your hobby?!!